who is beast of the big east this year

Contender

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having a good team and being good are too diffrent things. yes db will have a good team next year with the return of several players, but you can have all the talent in the world and still lose every game if u arent disciplined enough to play as a team and keep ur head on ur shoulders. For instance, who thought that the pistons would beat the lakers for the championship during the preseason last year. so whoever thinks that db wont have any competition this year, in the words of lee corso, "Not so fast there my friend." DB will in fact hafta work twice as hard to get to where they want this year. no matter how good or bad the teams they play are this year, they will be on their A game when ol DB comes to town!

jeff county wont compete next year and wont compete for the next several years. theyve lost all their good players and their jv and freshman teams arent competitive in the least bit

Wrong!

Your lack of knowledge really shows in your posts.First off, Jeff Co has not lost "ALL" our good players.We lost SOME of the big names from last year,but not close to what alot of people think.People seem to forget that we had a 3rd back that rushed for over 500yrds(Arron Carson) to go with Jeff and Scooter last year.People forget that 4 of the 5 starting O-Linemen that made the holes for Jeff and Scoot are back(Jason Yeary made 2nd team allstate) along with returning the TE.We have alot of talent kids who people haven`t heard of,YET (Shane Acuff,Daniel Green,Chris Shiverdecker,Billy Luther,Zack Smiley,Ben Pewitt) These are just the names that stick out,there are many more. As far as the JV and FR teams,its hard to have really good JV and FR teams when the best players are on Varsity.Plus what the record of a JV or FR team is doesn`t really matter much,what matters is how they run the offense and D,and how they preformed.You look for kids that stick out in FR and JV games,the wins and loses don`t really matter.

Well, of course my pick would have to be DB clearly...

And statechamp trust me we know everyone will be gunning for us when we play them, but the thing is, thats the way its always been. When your team is as historically dominant as we have been, everyone wants to say they beat you. I'm sure years from now two old Knox Karns fans will be sitting on their front porch talking about "that time the boys beat ole kingsport dobyns-bennett". Its just something we have to live with, and we always have had to. Trust me our team discipline will be nothing like the lakers, coach clark goes a long way to ensure that we have a good head on our shoulders. And the tribe will be ready for a tough but long run this year

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

• 2 weeks later...
Hey JC4Life I saw the Jeff Co. DB Frosh game. All i have to say is that Jeff Co. Didnt do a flip on O or D. and Many DB freshman Stood out but i saw no real standouts from Jeff Co.

825291663[/snapback]

What are you talking about,the game went down to the wire,with DB winning by 1.Both teams moved the ball very well,it was Lamon's coming out party.I don`t know what you were watching,but I saw a very close,good game.