MBA vs. Trinity

D2FANN

Alrigh, alright, alright!!!!! It's been almost a year since I've been on here, so hi everyone!!!

*Trinity -vs- MBA, man, I'm hoping this can become a every year thing. You guys were absolutely fantastic hosts, and I hope that we can reciprocate the hospitality in the same manner. Now, to the matchup:

*While MBA and Trinity both graduated some great talent, the beauty is that they reload, not rebuild. Trinity has a new defensive and offensive coordinator, and both arre fantastic. This Trinity is almost as talented as the 2002 team. While not having Brian Brohm, they have players that score from anywhere on the field. and the beauty of the thing is, is that the spread the field so well. Names you MBA fans will most likely hear a lot this Saturday are: Billy Murray, Craig Kircher, Blaine Donnell, Steve Orndorff, Donald Barnett, and Chris Lawson. Our new starting QB is Brad Savko, he's a very saavy QB, in that he doesn't tend to make very many poor decisions, occasionally he will hold on to the ball a little too long, but not throwing into coverage is good. Our offense is certainly better than the one you all saw last season. Defensively, this group is not the biggest in the world, but the will lay some lumber. They hit everywhere. Our defense is definately starting to gel. Now I heard and injury riddled MBA team got handled by an excellant Murfressboro Riverdale (we scrimmaged them when I went To Trinity) team. So based on the evaluations I heard from that game:

Trinity - 27

MBA - 13

This game can certainly go either way, but I really feel this Trinity team is something special!!!

*BTW, there is a very cool sports bar across the street from Trinity called BW-3's, they have Ice Cold Beer, and other adult beverages, as long as some excellant finger food. Because, you must get there early for parking, and then go eat, tailgate, whatever you want!! Good Luck MBA, and we'll see you in six more days!!!!

*WHo's coming, and what's your most recent synopsis of MBA's team?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA has definitely been riddled with injuries... but I predict some key players will be back by Monday's practice to be ready to take on the Rocks. I wish Ryan Burns would get to play as this is his senior year and he was going to shine, but preseason injuries spoiled it. Other than that, I'm not sure who will still be out. Possibly senior D-Lineman Hughes Tipton and Junior RB Andy Snyder? Hopefully not.

This MBA defense is definitely very, very good. Expect a D-Line with 2/3 returning starters from last year if Hughes returns, some big linebackers, D-backs that can fly around... the defense will be ready.

The offense may struggle a bit, especially this early in the season. Although I've seen some extremely powerful drives out of them, I've seen some mental errors as well. Expect some HUGE guys up front, including Joseph Birdsong, who you can find on the Rivals website. He is a monster. The offensive backfield is in question if Andy Snyder doesn't return. I'm guessing sophomore David Howe will start at QB, definitely would not doubt his arm at all. He's young, but has proven himself able. At RB will be either Andy Snyder or Mcgavock Johnson. McGavock has shown nice speed, but I'd still like to see Snyder in there if possible. Like you, we should have a pretty scary tight end in Junior Drew Carney. This should definitely be quite an interesting matchup. I'm ready for this one.

Alrigh, alright, alright!!!!!  It's been almost a year since I've been on here, so hi everyone!!!

*Trinity -vs- MBA, man, I'm hoping this can become a every year thing.  You guys were absolutely fantastic hosts, and I hope that we can reciprocate the hospitality in the same manner.  Now, to the matchup:

*While MBA and Trinity both graduated some great talent, the beauty is that they reload, not rebuild.  Trinity has a new defensive and offensive coordinator, and both arre fantastic.  This Trinity is almost as talented as the 2002 team.  While not having Brian Brohm, they have players that score from anywhere on the field.  and the beauty of the thing is, is that the spread the field so well.  Names you MBA fans will most likely hear a lot this Saturday are:  Billy Murray, Craig Kircher, Blaine Donnell, Steve Orndorff, Donald Barnett, and Chris Lawson.  Our new starting QB is Brad Savko, he's a very saavy QB, in that he doesn't tend to make very many poor decisions, occasionally he will hold on to the ball a little too long, but not throwing into coverage is good.  Our offense is certainly better than the one you all saw last season.  Defensively, this group is not the biggest in the world, but the will lay some lumber.  They hit everywhere.  Our defense is definately starting to gel.  Now I heard and injury riddled MBA team got handled by an excellant Murfressboro Riverdale (we scrimmaged them when I went To Trinity) team.  So based on the evaluations I heard from that game:

Trinity - 27

MBA    - 13

This game can certainly go either way, but I really feel this Trinity team is something special!!!

*BTW, there is a very cool sports bar across the street from Trinity called BW-3's, they have Ice Cold Beer, and other adult beverages, as long as some excellant finger food.  Because, you must get there early for parking, and then go eat, tailgate, whatever you want!!  Good Luck MBA, and we'll see you in six more days!!!!

*WHo's coming, and what's your most recent synopsis of MBA's team?

825303669[/snapback]

Found that password word...huh?

It doesn't appear MBA is near the team they were last year...but I am sure they will improve greatly as the season progresses. I would think Trinity (especially in Louisville) will win...but be ready for a headknocker. MBA will play hard...and they are extremely well coached (as you found out last year). With that combination...who knows what will happen.

Really looking forward to Saturday.....

Some notes....

-Programs are $3 and they are well worth it. They are the best high school program you will ever see. (Basketball players usually sell those.)

-The game will be broadcast over the internet, I believe it will be on www.thsrock.net under athletics.

-Do get there early, you wont regret it. We had a line for tickets go all the way to the road once, a good 1/2 or 3/4 of a football field long from our roadside ticket area. There are two ticketbooths, one connected to a gymnasium next o the parking lot and one along the road next to the stadium.

-Trinity has some very good lineman, most notably Brian Coxon, he is listed at 6-3 280, I cant remember the exact number, but he was at least 20-30, maybe 40 pounds less in last year program.

-We also got a great announcer! LOL.

MBA scrimmaged Goodpasture, a smaller private school, on Thursday. Didn't see it, but heard that it was pretty uneventful. Goodpasture has a D-1 receiver prospect, but that's about it. MBA held out several starters and the first teamers didn't stay in too long. From what I was told, it was more of a day to get some younger guys some playing time and experiment with some guys at different positions. There's a thread on it a few pages back.

As for the big game...I'm starting to get fired up, especially with all you Rocks on CoachT now. Don't think I'll be able to make it up to Louisville, unfortunately. My take on this game is this: Should be close. While I won't go so far as to predict a win for MBA, the Rocks should expect a tight, well fought game. Obviously, QB is a huge question mark for MBA. Injuries are also a factor. I think MBA will be bigger and stronger and better disciplined, though...we shall see.

Roll Red!

Also want to let you MBA folk know that the Trinity Powerlifters & Football players are puttin' on a feast for all the folks coming to see the game! It's a fundraiser for the Powerlifting team, I believe! We've heard that there will be 12-14 busses of you guys!

We're looking forward to it! I can't wait until Saturday!!!