George rejects titans offer

Guest Oakland

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

So long, and don't let the door hit ya! Will he keep his restaurant in Nashville?

How could he ever support his new wife on that paltry 1.5 million salary???

george.jpg

It's been a great run for Eddie. The franchise will be remembered by his devotion to Nashville and his love for the game. We shouldn't be angry with him for leaving. The situation has changed in Titanland and Eddie is a big boy. He'll figure it out eventually. There is no way that you can swallow this pill if you are in Eddie's shoes and still have a fire in your belly. It shouldn't be considered a divorce. Eddie is like any other human being that has been loved and admired greatly. It's tough to not be number one in everyones hearts. He's a victim of having a twenty year old's desire to play in a forty like body of beat up joints and tendons. Sooner or later reason will set in just like Emmit Smith. I'll never forget his tears in front of the camera in Arizona when things just went totally bad for him there. That would break anyones heart watching a competitor come to grips with his waning years and depleted abilities but Emmit and Eddie will always be warriors in my book. thumb

Guest Oakland

picking up antwoine smith is a better move than some people think. he got a bad rep in new england, but their o-line when was there was less than stellar, hes a good pickup in my opinion, looks for reese to sign one more rb i think

Yes, Looks like Eddie is gonna be a Cowboy. My problem is this. According to whats being reported on ESPN and our local news, the Cowboys have basicly offered him the same deal the Titans did. IF he agrees to this, it only proves what I have thought all along. He WANTED to go. I have to admit he was a great back for the Titans and I am not taking anything away from him. BUT, all this BS about him wanting to be a Titan for the remainder of his career is a bunch of crap. He wanted to go and thats all there is to it, in my honest opinion. So long Eddie, its been a great run and just so you know... you can and will be replaced.

Is the signing of Antwoine Smith going to solve this problem?  I don't think it is.

825291891[/snapback]

I dont think we ever had a problem. Chris Brown will be the starter and will get the bulk of the carries. But if you look at the last 3 season Eddie averaged 3.2 yards per carry while Smith averaged 3.8. But I do believe that will be besides the point becasue I dont see him getting much more than 7 or 8 carries a game. You guys are forgetting how high the Titans were on Chris Brown last year during camp. Some people were saying he and Eddie were gonna split the carries last season until Brown got hurt. If Brown proves he can stay healty he will be the feature back. As soon as he breaks his first 40 yard run Titans fans will forget all about Eddie. We havent seen a 40 yard run in a long time. Does anyone remember how Brown did in the playoffs? I have to say Jeff Fisher is one of the best in the business and he obviously thought Eddie was expendable or he would have made sure we got him signed. I wouldnt argue too much with Jeff, he knows way more about the game the we ever will.