Campbell Co. Football

CampbellCo.man84

Where has the VolTimesSportsEditor gone??? Surely a 6-7 game win season prediction hasn't boogered him away. I'm sure the Laff-a-lot Press won't quote him in their sports column.

Shaunman, many years ago and maybe still today we used to strip a midget leager down to the skivvies to make the official weigh in. Maybe CCman.84 is counting all the pads, cleats and helmet in the avg. per man on the Cougar line. :lol::D

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JKAR, you wanted someone from CC land to give a game by game breakdown and i will be a junior at CCHS this year and keep up with football a lot even though i don't play so i'll give it a shot.

at Morristown East--personally i think that this will be a tough game for us because it is the first game and it is on the road against a middle difficulty class 4A team.  i see the cougars playing close but probably losing.

at Jefferson County--i see this game as a game where CC will be lucky to keep it within 2 touchdowns being honest.  i would love to see my Cougars take down Jeff County, but i just don't see it happening.

Clinton--i think that this is the first win for the cougars as long as they keep their heads on their shoulders, we are still CC, we aren't good enough to overlook anyone.

South-Doyle--i think that this will be a close game with CC winning because Coach Hutchins hasn't had enough time to get the game speed down with his new system although i do agree that this is a team on the rise and in the upcoming years will be a team to look out for.

Scott County--i personally don't see anything that will stop the cougars here except for their heads getting too big and them beating themselves.  without Jeffers and Boshears Scott didn't have much last year.

at Sevier County--this is one game that i think will be another close one for the cougars.  it's an away game which just makes all that much tougher.  i see us beating Sevier County behind special teams play.  i think whoever wins special teams wins this one.

Bearden--this is a game that i see being close also.  i think that Bearden will come in with a chip on their shoulders since the cougars beat them last year on their homecoming.  i think that the cougars have the talent and discipline to beat the Bulldogs in this one.

at Science Hill--last year CC scared Science Hill but ended up losing the game on a blocked punt that was returned for a touchdown that got called back because of a cheap shot by a CC player.  that is where discipline comes in.  i see Science Hill beating the Cougars here.

Dobyns-Bennett--what can i say, i don't have much hope here.  the Indians are just too strong.  CC loses to D-B

at Karns--i think that this game will be within 2 touchdowns but i think that Fulkerson's team will be able to use the wishbone and beat CC again this year. 

final record--5-5  region--3-4

tell me what ya'll think  :lol:

825295499[/snapback]

well man derek boshears and jordan jeffers was a big part of our success last year but...we did have other big play makers last year and for this year we have a lot more weapons on offense. cambell co. players are gonna be the ones with the big head underestimating the highlanders.

big bird, i went to the Scott County game last year and then only offensive production that i saw the highlanders getting on us was Jeffers running and throwing and when he threw it was thrown to Boshears. on the offensive side of the ball for the cougars we got 2 touchdowns and for our defense last year that was usually enough to win a game. i expect to see that same dominating defense back again and that's the main reason i expect so many games to be close.

lata

Shaunman

CampbellCountyman.84, i have a question for you.  i would like for you to name me the offensive lineman that are making up that average of 260 pounds.  the biggest ones that i know of are Joe Whitaker and Curtis Hoskins, please fill me in on the others.  thanx for the compliments guys, just keeping up with things and being honest with my thoughts.  lata

Shaunman

825295726[/snapback]

Barney Phillips, Nick Johnson, Toby Young, and Josh Evans

Edited by CampbellCo.man84

big bird, i went to the Scott County game last year and then only offensive production that i saw the highlanders getting on us was Jeffers running and throwing and when he threw it was thrown to Boshears.  on the offensive side of the ball for the cougars we got 2 touchdowns and for our defense last year that was usually enough to win a game.  i expect to see that same dominating defense back again and that's the main reason i expect so many games to be close. 

lata

Shaunman

825295806[/snapback]

well man if thats what u think then thats fine. well see u guys come week 5