Tullahoma Wildcat football

Froggy

Tullahoma's QB will be Matt Mitchell who is a good runner and his throwing seems to have improved from last year. He did a solid job leading the team when QB Spence was hurt last year. The key on offense could be the running game and JR. RB Childress. SR OL Cutshaw a leader will be missed others will have to step up. The defense who had a rough year overall last year steped up the last few games and could be he bright spot this year. The stars did not shine on the Wildcats last year but if they do this year they could be back in the playoffs. The schedule is alot better this year.

The schedule has not changed from last season. Although a few of our opponents should have a very good year. Franklin Co. is having one of there best years and will be a force come week 1. Coffee Co. has Nunley and Hartsell which could be a threat in the backfield. Ofcourse the usually region foes; Hillsboro, Columbia, and Shelbyville. With last year newcomer Hillwood will make for a tough year and a hard road to week 11. We will see..........

Key Players:

Shane Jones OL

Ben Edwards WR

Matt Mitchell QB

George Childress RB

Tony Davis WR

Matt Thurman LB

Brady Goodman LB

Robert Martin DT

Karl Rodgers DE

Excellent analysis Miller, although I have to take issue with your schedule analysis. The two games you mention are big rivalries but they mean nothing when it comes to the playoffs. Tullahoma plays one of the toughest schedules in the region, although it is not as bad as last year. All the same opponents are there, but instead of playing six road games, the 'Cats only have four.

Look for the Wildcat defense to lead the way this year. Cordinator Ronnie Dyer and his staff have a good looking collection of athletes, led by the aforementioned foursome. I notice no secondary people are listed. Although Region 5-4A is primarily a running league, the Wildcats need the back four to step up. An injury to second team quarterback Travis Layton means less playing to on defense for Matt Mitchell, the starting QB. Every play Mitchell is not on the field hurts the 'Cats, because he is a fine athlete.

The front seven is going to be really strong. There is not a lot of experience behind the starters, but there is a lot of talent in the underclassmen. If Rogers, Mitchell, Goodman, and Martin stay healthy this group will be tough to move the football on.

Mitchell is going to surprise some folks with his play at QB this year. His passing has really improved, and he reminds me of Patrick Rogers when he runs. Rogers lead the team to 10 wins two years ago, despite entering the season with no experience behind center.

Childress and Davis, both underclassmen, are outstanding athletes who have a chance to bring the speed back to Tullahoma's game that was missing last year. Childress came on strong at the end of the year, and he'll get help in the backfield from bruising FB Derek Brown and fellow halfback Robert Martin, who is quite the load himself.

The Wildcats are blessed with WR Ben Edwards, a senior who led the team in recieving last year and has the best hands in the region. If it's third and six, you better be looking for Ben across the middle. Davis can fly, but nobody knows how a sophomore is going to performe until they hit the field.

John Olive's teams went to 10 straight playoffs and had 10 straight winning seasons before last year. I wouldn't expect for losing seasons to become a habit in T-town anytime soon.

This is true about those county rivals not counting in the region and possible playoff berths. But you of all people can not believe that those games are not important to the overall season of any wildcat football team. I hear people say every year well just as long as we beat Franklin, Coffee Co., and Shelbyville I could care less about the rest of the games. I know this is not a true thought for all wildcat fans, but to think about the implications of winning those games is tremendous. Each week the crowd would grow with each victory over those rivals. The players would sense that urgency and I think would perform much better in region play witht the confidence and support from those rival games.

There is no doubt we play in a tough region and our opponents are tough, but I think much more factors into success than just region victories. I am not saying region games are not important, because we both know that we would go nowhere without the region wins.

The secondary will be tough as most of our defense will be. Hammonds and Bond will both play alot and be part of a possibly great defense.