Peter Sirmon Reportedly Tears ACL

"Twisted knee." "Doctor not concerned." "Precautionary MRI." How in hades does that turn into a torn ACL?!?! This report comes from the Nashville City Paper and TitansRadio.com. I don't see how he avoids a season ending surgery. Rocky Boiman has looked good at camp so far and will do a fine job stepping into the starting OLB position but I was looking forward to Sirmon having a GREAT year. Grrrrr.... Coach Fisher will address the situation this afternoon in about an hour after special teams practice.

Titans' Linebackers Peter Sirmon (left) and Rocky Calmus

Ugh, this is just horrible. He was going to have such a goooood year and now it looks like he's gone for the whole season. Maybe the 2nd opinion will be a bit brighter. Hearing him describe the injury, ew, makes my knee hurt. Pete was such a leader on defense, called on the signals on the field. That goes now to my boy Calmus and to Keith Bullock along with Boiman.

Well, let's hope this is our only big injury this preseason!

Smith and McCarriens... that's it. Kearse is already getting hurt up at Philly. This injury to Sirmon doesn't help but Boiman will step up and do just fine. And Calmus is already handling the leadership role on the field (as far as calling the plays, etc) just fine. The Titans are fine. They're going to have a great season.

But is it enough to win the AFC and are you even the best in your division?

I guess it depends on what you set your goals as: winning season, playoffs, afc champions, super bowl?

P.S. The loss of McCareins will affect Mason, I believe last year was his best year and he's not getting any younger...I live Calico and Bennett a lot, but I dont think they are exactly solid week in and week out players...just my humble opinion.

(Keep in mind, I dont care what the Titans do, I'm non bias...please remember that when responding).

Mason has looked great at camp. Bennett, you'll see, is a solid player week in and week out. He's looked great at camp, too. Calico hasn't dropped a ball in a while and will be real good if he can keep that up.

To answer your question though... yes, it is enough to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I do think we're better than the Colts. We'll be able to find out soon enough.

Sirmon will go under the knife tomorrow... best wishes to him for a speedy and full recovery! Can't wait to see him on the field in '05!