Beechboard to FHU

TheBoredGuy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past few years he has scheduled FSU, Alabama, and Tennessee, but you think he is worried about scheduling FHU. Please think about what you're saying.

825317263[/snapback]

I didn't mean to imply that Coach Moore would be "worried" about FHU (although I could see why you would think that). Obviously they are on two different levels in any number of ways.

My point, not made very clearly, was that the women's basketball played at FHU is high quality, demanding basketball. Living in Chattanooga, I have great respect and admiration for Coach Moore and his Lady Mocs. He has built a program that is on the verge of breaking through to the upper echelon of women's college basketball. I will continue to support the Lady Mocs and Coach Moore.

It just seemed to me (and apparently to others on this thread) that he disparaged Katrina and her decision to play at FHU by denegrading the level of basketball played there. He really didn't need to do that IMHO.

Well Beechboard called Coach Moore and told him that the state pagent was on Jan 18th. Well there is a home game that day. No way No how she was going to be able to attend that pagent. Well she backed out, Moore left the door open for next. I think she has no chance of winning, well a chance but I'm giving odds. She just doesn't seem the pagent type, especially after seeing my buddy with her on Freshman Friday. Anyway, you can expect to see her at Western Carolina or UTC next fall due to the fact that she has basketball in her blood and once she sees that all that hard work she put in the sport is not worth the NAIA tournament..it's worth the Big Dance. She is just too good a player to end up at a small school in West Tennessee. Just my opinion about the future of the tale of Katrina Beechboard.

Anyway, you can expect to see her at Western Carolina or UTC next fall due to the fact that she has basketball in her blood and once she sees that all that hard work she put in the sport is not worth the NAIA tournament..it's worth the Big Dance. She is just too good a player to end up at a small school in West Tennessee. Just my opinion about the future of the tale of Katrina Beechboard.

825326041[/snapback]

I expect to see her at FHU for the next four years. Basketball may be in her blood, but there's a lot to be said for finding yourself in a good environment where you feel comfortable. And having one of your best friends from HS on the team with you doesn't hurt.

Plenty of D-I caliber players have gone to NAIA schools and stayed. There's much more to it than where the national tournament is played.

Exactly right. There is more to life than basketball. Beechboard nows that. She wants to play and be the best she can, but also she wants to get herself ready for life after basketball. Maybe she wants to play ball and have a good time. She might have thought that she wouldn't have a good time at UTC. I would say she made the right choice if thats what she wanted to do!

Beech FAN Forever!

Well Beechboard called Coach Moore and told him that the state pagent was on Jan 18th. Well there is a home game that day. No way No how she was going to be able to attend that pagent. Well she backed out, Moore left the door open for next. I think she has no chance of winning, well a chance but I'm giving odds. She just doesn't seem the pagent type, especially after seeing my buddy with her on Freshman Friday. Anyway, you can expect to see her at Western Carolina or UTC next fall due to the fact that she has basketball in her blood and once she sees that all that hard work she put in the sport is not worth the NAIA tournament..it's worth the Big Dance. She is just too good a player to end up at a small school in West Tennessee. Just my opinion about the future of the tale of Katrina Beechboard.

825326041[/snapback]

HUCK did you ever play a game of organized sports?? Come on give Beech some credit. She did what she wanted to do and I agree with her decision. She and Megan will be playing at FHU for the next 4 year so you can get ready for that. As for coming back to UTC...I wouldn't let the door it Moore in the butt.