Ridgeway fans, I have a huge question for ya!

KevinFromSwain

Well AC Reynolds screwed up their schedule and couldn’t work their way to keeping the game with Swain. So with the NCHSAA over looking this mess Reynolds was told to make the game happen or resolve the issue or Reynolds would have to 1. Forfeit the game, 2. Pay a 2,500-dollar fine, 3. Reynolds would be disqualified for the playoffs.

So Reynolds used Swain as the bad guys and pushed for a buy out of the contract. Swain’s AD didn’t wish to see the kids at Reynolds miss the playoffs and the deal was done. Now here’s where the story hits a bump in the road! Reynolds had already contacted Ridgeway to replace Swain! So what a lot of people over here want to know is just when did all this take place? According to a Ridgeway football site, their schedule was last updated on the 7th of July a full three WEEKS BEFORE REYNOLDS SAT DOWN TO TALK TO SWAIN.

Yeah, this is going to stink to high Heaven before it’s over. I’ve lost all respect for that program.

Ok Swain was to play Reynolds on the 10th, however Reynolds folks screwed up and already had another game scheduled. Their line was it was just a simple miscue and they would do everything in their power to play the game with Swain. Swain, having read the contract that was written by AC Reynolds moved accordingly and lined up Morristown West to the first game of the season and added Watauga for the fifth game which was when Reynolds thought they were to play Swain.

Now that’s just a bad screw up on their part. So here is where it get interesting, Reynolds contacts Ridgeway to fill the void in their season, however they forgot to mention that to Swain or the NCHSAA both of whom wanted to see this game played. Now due to the fact the contract stated, 1. The school that breaks the contract would be handed a forfeit loss, 2. Would pay a 2,500 fine, 3. Would be disqualified for the NCHSAA playoffs.

Now when face with holding AC Reynolds to the fire and having to punish their student athletes Swain agreed to allow Reynolds to buy out the contract. However at no point in time was the fact of Reynolds never intended to play this game mention. And that is where the Stuff hits the fan with many of us fans in Swain County. Due to one school administration dealing behind the backs of Swain and the NCHSAA is unethical and it just might jump up and bite Reynolds on their self-righteous butts.

Many of us in Swain County have seen where Ridgeway has had Reynolds scheduled up since July 7th, and that is before Reynolds even went to the table with Swain County. Tough luck, to bad so sad until the facts come out. I’m just wanting someone from Ridgeway to corroborate this, they at Ridgeway haven’t did anything wrong but someone else has.

Kevin...

What's so strange about Ridgeway and ACR playing is the drive...West Tenn to WNC...

Also, maybe ACR doesn't want to play Swain due to the difference in classification...I dunno...it only seems to benefit Swain if they win or even look good in a loss...

I ain't too hip to NC Football so...but...this is a TN site anyway so I don't need to be.

That’s cool by me KevB, Swain is hosting 4A Morristown West though this Friday night! I’m more than a bit worried after last seasons outing for my 1A Devils. MoTown has some good size and speed that’s hard for Swain to match up with. Swain County is located in the Far Western mountains, for a matter of fact Swain has 52% of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park in it’s boundaries. So it’s just as easy to play teams from East Tennessee for Swain as it is to travel four hours down I 40 to pick up a game.

The deal with AC Reynolds is basically just a fact finding hunt by a ticked off fan. I doubt the NCHSAA would do anything to one of their top 4A programs in the last couple of years anyhow. I still find it fishy that due to the travel time and layover with Ridgeway that something is rotten in AC Reynolds for not wanting to play the game with Swain. But like I said, I’m a ticked off fan over this matter.