Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

For Obion County Rebel fans who will miss live play-by-play of your team, at least three games will be carried by other stations. We will have the Westview game on WCMT 101.3 and the Gibson County & Trenton Peabody games on WTNE 97.7

The "Pre-Game Meal" debuts next Friday at 6:30 on WCMT 101.3 Martin & WTNE 97.7 Trenton

Edited by NWhoopaholic

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Obion County Rebel fans who will miss live play-by-play of your team, at least three games will be carried by other stations. We will have the Westview game on WCMT 101.3 and the Gibson County & Trenton Peabody games on WTNE 97.7

The "Pre-Game Meal" debuts next Friday at 6:30 on WCMT 101.3 Martin & WTNE 97.7 Trenton

825303190[/snapback]

Thanks for the info NWhoopaholic.This decision by Y-105 really stinks.The Rebels have been on that station for 16 years.I urge all Rebel fans to go to www.todaysyoungcountry.com and voice your displeasure.If you'll click on the link Airstaff,it will bring up names and pictures of the on-air staff.On the Rodney and Kathy Jo link,if you'll click it ,it will pop up an email address.

Rebfan and all other Rebel fans....

Write a letter to the editor at UC Daily Messenger too...go to www.ucmessenger.com and click on letters to editer....I did...I think the letters come out in Wednesday's edition....

Get everybody you know to voice their displeasure....

This also affects South Fulton Red Devil coverage on The Quake 105.7 fm :D

From what I understand, the Obion Central games will still be covered with updates

which include recaps of what's going on, time left in the game and what the score is which has been difficult at times to get in the past :D

We'll just need to see what happens before we start passing judgement. :D

I for one am saddened for the fans of both Obion Central and South Fulton. I was the play by play person for South Fulton sports when 105.7 began covering the Red Devils in 1998. SF fans felt they had something of their own with the radio coverage of the past six years...now it has been taken away. Through the three years I was the voice of the Red Devils, I was fortunate to begin friendships with some wonderful people that still continues to this day. Now, even though I with another station, when I attend SF games, they treat me like family.

I understand what you're saying redbirdfan, but less isn't always better.

I agree on the point that it has been hard to get a score sometimes.I have helped Danny and Kurt call a game and sometimes you get so wrapped up in whats going on on the field that it can slip your mind.Hearing somebody tell about a score 10 minutes after it happened does not bring the excitement of hearing the play actually go on.I like to think I'm opened minded,but I don't see myself getting used to this.

I agree on the point that it has been hard to get a score sometimes.I have helped Danny and Kurt call a game and sometimes you get so wrapped up in whats going on on the field that it can slip your mind.Hearing somebody tell about a score 10 minutes after it happened does not bring the excitement of hearing the play actually go on.I like to think I'm opened minded,but I don't see myself getting used to this.

825304279[/snapback]

Speaking as a broadcaster, coach, & parent of a former OC basketball player, I'd rather have any play-by-play as none at all. That's my two cents worth.

Speaking as a broadcaster, coach, & parent of a former OC basketball player, I'd rather have any play-by-play as none at all. That's my two cents worth.

825304288[/snapback]

It's a Mickey Mouse way of doing things and this football program deserves better....Icould understand it somewhat if it was back in the days Central was losing 7-8-9 games a year...But these coaches and players have worked extremely hard to get this thing to a point fo respectability and now they are winning and these people want to an update format.How about next we do updates of the Titan and Volunteers games Ibet that would really go over good to...Do you folks notice how many people in the stands listen to radios???Do you think they are listening to music??...No they are listening to the broadcast of the game....I agree totally with Sportsradio and wish someway he could "come home" and do the Rebel games...Although he like me is a Tornado graduate... ;)

What is the deal any way? They all of a sudden can't have complete coverage? Something has to be up? I agree with NWHoopaholic give me my play by play or nothing at all. Some of us just can't get out and go to every game and count on the coverage.

OCCHSFAN I agree with you I see alot of people at games both Football and basketball with radios!!!! Maybe the paper will put some added pressure on them. ;)

oh well ;)

GO team

It's a Mickey Mouse way of doing things and this football program deserves better....Icould understand it somewhat if it was back in the days Central was losing 7-8-9 games a year...But these coaches and players have worked extremely hard to get this thing to a point fo respectability and now they are winning and these people want to an update format.How about next we do updates of the Titan and Volunteers games Ibet that would really go over good to...Do you folks notice how many people in the stands listen to radios???Do you think they are listening to music??...No they are listening to the broadcast of the game....I agree totally with Sportsradio and wish someway he could "come home" and do the Rebel games...Although he like me is a Tornado graduate... :D

825304427[/snapback]

Hey occhsfanviachattanooga, I totally see your point and where you're coming from.. It doesn't matter where you graduated from when you cover a school from a broadcasting perspective as long as you are credible and professional about your craft B) As it applies to the situation in this thread, one needs to exhort patience @ be temperate and sensible as it states in the 2nd chapter of the Book of Titus as it relates to this matter :D As we get older, we must be patient in our everyday walk of life and look at the BIG PICTURE and overall scope of things. Who knows, one person's storm could be another person's blessing later on down the line. thumb

Hey occhsfanviachattanooga, I totally see your point and where you're coming from.. It doesn't matter where you graduated from when you cover a school from a broadcasting perspective as long as you are credible and professional about your craft B) As it applies to the situation in this thread, one needs to exhort patience @ be temperate and sensible as it states in the 2nd chapter of the Book of Titus as it relates to this matter :D As we get older, we must be patient in our everyday walk of life and look at the BIG PICTURE and overall scope of things. Who knows, one person's storm could be another person's blessing later on down the line. thumb

825304673[/snapback]

:D As it states in the book of what ??.... B) You sound like Al Bundy

But you are a redbird fan so you gotta be alright......

The graduated from UC thing was a joke I know it doesn't matter...

But this decision does stink..Can you shed light on why the radio station did this??