South Doyle @ Alcoa

Tom142

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa looked great on offense during the Jamboree. They will win tonight but it will be the offense that wins it for them. They struggled on defense letting a smaller weaker PF team drive the ball on them. There two new LB spent more time on the ground at the hands of PF lineman#72. They will have to get better at stufffing the run at the line. Alcoa is loaded with great athletes but will have to improve in the trences to go all the way. Dustin, Brandon and Joey are good leaders on the team and will carry them deep into the playoffs, (hopefully the State). If the D-line and two new LB get better this team could go all the way. If not they will lose in the semi-finals again.

Well, Alcoa walked all over SD tonight. The final was 49-12, but it could've been a lot worse if not for the replacement of the first team about 3 minutes into the third quarter. Alcoa led 21-0 when a rain delay came with 5:55 to go in the first. Dustin Lindsey had close to 200 yards rushing...(surprise, surprise!!!). We completely ran all over them, we had a couple of drops by the receivers, probably because of a slick ball. Brian Sommer had a great catch in the third, that astonished the whole crowd. Defense did well, the third team gave up 2 TD's though. Overall we played a fine game, and I'm just itching to get to Maryville nest week!!!

Oh and by the way, to whoever spray painted our field: that was obviously pointless, for some reason you wanted to make our players madder and beat you even worse. But thanks for the extra motivation...maybe you can just do it again next year.

I agree whole heartedly with you guys about being ticked off about your field. Nothing makes me madder. Schools work so hard to get their fields and stadiums in good shape especially for the home opener and then some gutless wonders pull something like that. Alcoa's field always looks great and they have made a lot of improvements to their stadium. Something like this is inexcusable. I urge all students from both Alcoa and Maryville to show restraint in that area this coming week. This will be one of the most exciting weeks of your school year so keep it good by keeping it clean. Hope the damage to your field was not too severe. Good luck to both teams.