South Doyle @ Alcoa

Tom142

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to pick Alcoa 28-14. Let's all face it, Swaffee is gone and will not coming back anytime soon. I thought the program was moving forward under Coach Swafford but, that is past. Presently, SD is going thought growing pains and will improve. They have good size and some speed but Alcoa is better at execution and that will be the winning factor.

I haven't bought into the talk about how Alcoa can't be stopped this year by anyone because of two good athletes and a QB with an average arm. I wonder if they are not looking past SD and at a game that means little in terms of Region play vs. Maryville.

haven't bought into the talk about how Alcoa can't be stopped this year by anyone because of two good athletes and a QB with an average arm. I wonder if they are not looking past SD and at a game that means little in terms of Region play vs. Maryville.

You continue to give Alcoa no credit whatsoever, but I have a feeling, come August 27, you will be thinking otherwise about Alcoa. This team is not one to be underestimated. Coach Reid has had all of the players beefing up in his program for 2 years now, and everyone is comfortable with him. Our "Talented, but Young" players are now "Talented & Seasoned" and they are eager to prove everyone wrong. Alcoa is not looking past SD, but realizes that Maryville is their biggest game of the year, whether it has region implications or not, because it is our rivalry game. SD will help us tune up for the Maryville week. Be prepared for a battle boys.

The reason I haven't bought into the talk about how Alcoa can't be stopped this year by anyone is simply because, the year hasn’t begun yet! If your basing your posts on the jamboree or last year, then how could one think Alcoa is some type of dominate team because of Coach Reid's weight training program in now two years old? Coach Reid, a fine guy, decent coach, was at WB for 4-5 years as a defensive coordinator I think and did little for that program in terms of being dominate.

Maryville has some improvement to make in terms of the standards within the Maryville program, but will not take a whipping by a middle of the road 2A team until that 2A team demonstrates dominance and pulls it off a few years. Heck, I think Alcoa will lose to all of the Blount county teams this year based upon what I saw at the jamboree. I could be wrong and good luck vs. SD.

South Doyle needs Jim Swafford back and they will not make so many mistakes. He can work with all kinds of kids regardless of their background. You guys will be fortunate to win 3 games without the Swaf meister. He got a lot done with that program and got no credit, especially from the K'ville News-Sen.

825303894[/snapback]

Isn't that 3 games better than last year though? That's an improvement, why would you want him back.