Chattanooga Top 10

InDepthInsider

SD. Matt Peardon would be on the field for any team in chattanooga, he's good. Boyd's beat rhea county and east ridge in the last 3 years. 2 years ago when boyd beat rhea county they made it to the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs in 4A. you do math, that's in the top 10 teams in 4A. don't talk when you don't know.

Go Bucs

Rhea also beat Soddy that year

825311005[/snapback]

I know Matt Peardon would not have started at SD last year.He is a little too small for our offense. He's fast and all, but 5-6 fumbles in the state title game? Try putting him against Oak Ridge and Dobyns Bennet.He's only Like I said, we beat them pretty bad when we played them.They had peardon in the 34-7 scrimmage and Nelson and Peardon in the 56-7 game. baldcoach, i know people on boyd's team who attended public 5A schools and people who don't even live in Chattanooga that play for them. One of my best friends played for and graduated from Boyd last year, so I have some inside knowledge. About the Rhea Co. game. Yeah they beat us once, but you try to win a game when a certain coach takes out almost the whole starting offense and defense for 2 quarters because they didn't act like they were furious at half time because they were losing. Kinda tough to win with a bunch of sophomores.No excuses though. Anyone outside the Boyd program would agree that SD,McCallie,Tyner,McMinn,Clevland, or any other team of that nature would spank Boyd. Now let's rank teams reallistically. Putting Boyd over these teams is like putting a team like the undefeated Tulane team from a few years ago ahead of teams like Tennessee,FSU,Florida,and Georgia. Sure Tulane was good, but it's just not the same. For SD to win the region, they have to beat Oak Ridge, McMinn, Ooltewah, the occaionally good Bradley,and William Blount. Boyd has to beat Whitwell, Lookout Valley, South Pittsburgh(decent 1A school,doesn't mean they are good),?Copper Basin?, and other WEAK teams. It should be deemed a tragedy if Boyd loses a region game, where SD has to play one of the best teams in the state in any classification every year. another reason I think SD would beat Boyd, SD hangs close to Oak Ridge for the most part. We beat them in 02. Boyd kills people like Howard,arguably one of the top 5 teams in chattanooga. I don't think we played a weak team at all in my 4 years. Heritage was the weakest team we played, and they've beat some good teams,Oak Ridge being one of them. If you ask me, OR would beat boyd by 5-6 td's. But, iiI'm getting tired of typing,so I'll leave it at this...Boyd is not in the top 5 in Chattanooga.Period.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I know about McCallie is that offensively they would seem to match up very well with Ooltewah. THey can pass the ball very well, and as we know that is the Owls' biggest weakness. They also put good pressure on the passer, which we know the Owls' have issues with pass protection after East Ridge got more than enough pressure last night. However it seems the Owls' rushing offense would give McCallie some real issues, as it seemed LFO really put it to the Blue Tornado on the ground early in their matchup!

I really do think that would be an excellent game, too bad it wont be happening this season, maybe next year!

I don't think the larger schools would always beat the small school even if both are good. Sequatchie was 2-2 against McCallie in 1988, 89, 93 and 94, both wins were against Potter so you know McCallie was strong. McCallie was probably the #1 or #2 team in Hamilton County both years Seq beat them, 89 and 93, had players like Tawambi Settles. Seq also beat Soddy-Daisy (Jack Daniels, not Price's) in 90 and 91, Soddy had 3 players sign with high level 1-AA teams Furman and Marshall and a linemen sign with Tennessee from those teams. One of the games was close at 14-7, another was 35-7 or something close to that. Seq scrimmaged Price's Soddy team in 93 too and beat them badly. Marion played Soddy, Baylor, Rhea in mid 90s and did well except for 96 against Soddy. I would put this Boyd-Buchanan team up against those 2 small schools, especially the way they've handled South Pittsburg the last couple of years, if those 2 in the 80s and 90s could compete with and often beat the best teams in Chattanooga then Boyd-Buchanan can now.

TribeGuy,I know you have high hopes for your little cherokees...and i hate to burst your bubble...but those cherokees will not...WILL NOT....beat Soddy or Ooltewah...they beat a mediocre Cumberland team .WOW what a test for a football team(sarcasm intended)....I did have them at #7 in my poll ,but there is no way they would ever break anyones top 5........They are decent at best....they even have some talented running backs...but they don't have the caliber of offensive and defensive line or the defense that Soddy and Ooltewah have......I am not trying to say this out of any kind of dislike for you team,cause I will give them respect..Mullinax built a great program up there but these things I have discussed are true at this point and time..............

TribeGuy,I know you have high hopes for your little cherokees...and i hate to burst your bubble...but those cherokees will not...WILL NOT....beat Soddy or Ooltewah...they beat a mediocre Cumberland team .WOW what a test for a football team(sarcasm intended)....I did have them at #7 in my poll ,but there is no way they would ever break anyones top 5........They are decent at best....they even have some talented running backs...but they don't have the caliber of offensive and defensive line or the defense that Soddy and Ooltewah have......I am not trying to say this out of any kind of dislike for you team,cause I will give them respect..Mullinax built a great program up there but these things I have discussed are true at this point and time..............

825317958[/snapback]

Okay, mediocore Cumberland. Who has Soddy or Red Bank beaten that's worth anything yet. The truth of the matter is nobody's games matter until we get into region play in 5A. What we did against Cumberland or what Ooltewah and Soddy did to Red Bank, or what Ooltewah did to East Ridge. There's nothing else to be said. We'll find out this week who is the better team between Ooltewah and McMinn. So, enough said.

825317958[/snapback]

BTW...your not giving McMinn a chance to win those ballgames. Well if you will look at my poll coming into this next week I have Ooltewah ahead of McMinn. So quit trying to cause problems. Just because your not showing McMinn any respect doesn't mean I'm not showing Ooltewah or Soddy any. ;)

hey... like i said... i would love to see that... ill bet most of chattanooga would love to see that... but it prolly wont happen any time soon(prolly not in the next few seasons for sure), since Ooltewahs administration seems to take issue with playing private schools who can give financial aid. I personally have no problem with it.

I think McMinn stands a chance against Ooltewah. I think in region 2-5A any of the top 5 teams (Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, William Blount, McMinn County, and Soddy Daisy) can beat each other on any given night. However Im feeling good about this seasons Owls, and have picked them to win this coming Friday!