Chattanooga Top 10

InDepthInsider

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing McCallie ranked under the top in these polls amazes me. They very well could have beaten LFO, one of the strongest teams out of North Georgia. Their QB threw for almost 400 yards in the game, and they were on the 20 trying to cap-off a drive to tie it up when they game ended.

McCallie is number 2 in the area if you ask me, from what I saw, they are going to be a very good team.

1. Boyd-Buc

2. McCallie

3. Baylor

4. Hixson

5. Tyner

6. Soddy-Daisy

7. Ooltewah

8/9. East Ridge?

9/8. Notre Dame

10. Rhea County

what I am saying is that more than half of the boyd guys wouldnt start/play mich for the Ooltewahs,Soddys,McMinns,Tyners,Baylors,McCallies,etc...Thats why thet transfer out of those schools. We(Soddy) played Boyd twice in scrimmages while i was there.Once when I was in 10th grade(2001-2002) and once in 11th(when they were runner up). In those two scrimmages(even though they were scrimmages,the starters played almost the whole time)we beat them 34-7 and 8-1(56-7).Sure, they can beat people like East Ridge by alot when they are down, but they can also lose to people like a strong Tyner team 95-3. They lost to a severly banged up Baylor team last year, and to a mediocre Goodpasture team. If they are so good, then wht don't they play Soddy,McCallie,McMinn,or Tyner. I think it's because they would get beat pretty good. I don't want to cut anyone down, but they mainy have decent players,who wouldnt do anything at a 5A school. I'm sorry but 1A is VERY weak.CPA has a good team every couple of years and Boyd is alright, but thats pretty much it. Like I said, they have "stars" on their team who wouldn't crack the lineup at my school. Just my opinion, but if you look at it I think you'l' have to agree.

Edited by sd189