Greenbrier at Lipscomb

timbdp

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is everyone so quick to pick greenbriar in this one. do you people not realize that Lipscomb is still a PRIVATE SCHOOL? they have 70 players and every last one of them is recruited... they always lose scrimmages so i wouldnt take that into consideration... and even if the private school and recruiting isnt enough... this game is at Lipscomb so the refs will give it to them if they cant get it for themselves. i thought you people were smarter than to look over these obvious reasons for a mustang victory

why is everyone so quick to pick greenbriar in this one. do you people not realize that Lipscomb is still a PRIVATE SCHOOL? they have 70 players and every last one of them is recruited... they always lose scrimmages so i wouldnt take that into consideration... and even if the private school and recruiting isnt enough... this game is at Lipscomb so the refs will give it to them if they cant get it for themselves.  i thought you people were smarter than to look over these obvious reasons for a mustang victory

825313379[/snapback]

That's terrible. David Lipscumb (sorry, spellcheck allowed it!) alumni who's parents probably spent all that money for private 'Christian' school education and still can't spell or write correctly. Go Green thumb !

you know i don't really know what everyone is thinking saying that greenbrier will pull this one off and it's goin to be really close and all of that.enough with all that. lets look at the facts.yes, greenbrier will run it against the mustangs, but they will run into a large problem there. mr breaden binkley at linebacker.he's a lil small but run it his way and he'll knock you flatt out. the deciding factor of the game is obviously elrod to rogers.greenbrier,if you're listening, put 2 guys on the line and everyone else in mr. rogers direction and pray that he'll only score 2 or 3 times.he's going to outrun and jump anyone around him so obviously the mustangs will take this one home with ease.

By the way, this thread is barely 2 pages, whatever happened to the old DL threads that were 6-10 pages. I guess DL must have graduated a lot of knowledgeable, sarcastic, comedic geniuses in '04.

hsfball, I hear some of them unlike you have productive lives and dont spend their college lives on a high school sports message boards. However it seems that you have countless hours of time to come back and harass the faculty and parents of these two classy schools. Personally, I feel you should spend more time reading the textbooks than the pointless banter of middle age adults and mindless high school students(or teachers of these students). In all honesty, I would rather spend my valuable time on coacht reading the life-changing posts of coacht legends: eddie van halen, scissors, tackle, trapped, eddie haskell, papers scissors rock, and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Jr. In closing, coacht users including myself would rather you keep your keyboard quiet unless you have something worth all of our time.

By the way to the GreenbriEr fans who like to correct spelling and grammar, no one really cares how to spell your schools name until they make it to the "Big Show".

Well, this is the kind of CoachT posting a man can start to miss. Nothin better than a little trash talk to light a fire under certain CoachT posters. I'm going to attempt to leave my personal feelings out of this post. Let's be honest, the Greenbriar Widcat offense is very potent. With a man like Herndan in the backfield, you know you expect to see a show. The Mustangs come in, and everybody in the state who knows or thinks they know about Lipscomb, has heard about Austin Rogers and the set of wheels that accompanies him on the field. I do not think this will be a shootout, instead I think the score will be in the range of 7-3 or 7-0 I think the defenses in this game will gain more yardage than the offenses. I'm reading that the Wildcat defense is pretty stout, and I am reading that the Mustang defense is "improving" - interesting word, so we'll all just have to see. So to the fans in the stands, you might want to bring a magazine, cause these offenses are gonna struggle. Hopefully the teams will come into this one a little more conditioned than last year and we won't have another cramp-fest on our hands. Posters: some might tell you to calm down, but I say, fire at will, hopefully it's all in good fun.

Well, this is the kind of CoachT posting a man can start to miss.  Nothin better than a little trash talk to light a fire under certain CoachT posters.  I'm going to attempt to leave my personal feelings out of this post.  Let's be honest, the Greenbriar Widcat offense is very potent.  With a man like Herndan in the backfield, you know you expect to see a show.  The Mustangs come in, and everybody in the state who knows or thinks they know about Lipscomb, has heard about Austin Rogers and the set of wheels that accompanies him on the field.  I do not think this will be a shootout, instead I think the score will be in the range of 7-3 or 7-0  I think the defenses in this game will gain more yardage than the offenses.  I'm reading that the Wildcat defense is pretty stout, and I am reading that the Mustang defense is "improving" - interesting word, so we'll all just have to see.  So to the fans in the stands, you might want to bring a magazine, cause these offenses are gonna struggle.  Hopefully the teams will come into this one a little more conditioned than last year and we won't have another cramp-fest on our hands. Posters: some might tell you to calm down, but I say, fire at will, hopefully it's all in good fun.

825314107[/snapback]

Wait a second BombSquad, I just read that post, and whoa! First off we're GreenbriEr, second off we're the Bobcats, and third off it's Herndon. I just wanted to clear that up.

First of all, Sabre3...great to have you back. Hope you can stay around for the long hall this year.

That's terrible. David Lipscumb (sorry, spellcheck allowed it!)

Cougars2State, you got it man. Just another great comment from a cougar.

BombSquad....wow, love hearing that name....you truly are a legend. Post for post it doesnt get much better than ol' BombSquad. Keep up the good work.

Now down to business...

hsfball, I hear some of them unlike you have productive lives and dont spend their college lives on a high school sports message boards. However it seems that you have countless hours of time to come back and harass the faculty and parents of these two classy schools. Personally, I feel you should spend more time reading the textbooks than the pointless banter of middle age adults and mindless high school students(or teachers of these students). In all honesty, I would rather spend my valuable time on coacht reading the life-changing posts of coacht legends: eddie van halen, scissors, tackle, trapped, eddie haskell, papers scissors rock, and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Jr. In closing, coacht users including myself would rather you keep your keyboard quiet unless you have something worth all of our time.

Comments to the all-star of a poster Sallyomally911 (aka...easttnfballexpert) can be sent to:

Write:

Darrell Blankenship

3901 Granny White Pike

Nashville, TN 37204-3951

phone:

(615) 279-6409 ext. 1734

email:

darrell.blankenship@lipscomb.edu

Read all about him here:

http://bible.dlhs.lipscomb.edu/content.asp?CID=3704&SID=108

Call early, call often.

Edited by hsfball

Wow, GBT, my sincere apologies. We here in the city don't hear alot about teams from the boondocks who haven't been spotted in the 'boro, or even Dudley Field(Vandy's stadium, for those in the remedial football class) for that matter, since I have followed football, So in the future I wish good fortune upon the GreenbriAr Bobcats and Robert Herndon. I still maintain the fact that this will be a defensive showdown. Peace on earth and goodwill towards men.