Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it how all the Ooltewah fans talk so much trash on this thread and they still are considered a average football team year in and year out. I mean they win a region title in I beleive '00 or '02 and they instantly think that gives them a sense of tradation and makes them into a football powerhouse.

McMinn has qualified for the playoffs 11 years in a row and has won 2 region titles in that time frame and gotton as far as the quarter-finals on two seperate occasions but we still realize we don't have what everybody wants and that is a State Championship. McMinn has built themselves into a successful program by having the consistency of being a good football team year in and year out. We take pride in our program and believe we can compete with any team on any given Friday night. That is not bragging that is believing in your players and coaching staff, we may not win but you will know that you played againist a team that was prepared and committed to its goal of winning. GO TRIBE!!!

825313142[/snapback]

Great Post.

WITH ALL THIS TRASH TALKIN GOIN ON THE PEGASUS WOULD LIKE TO MAKE FIVE REMARKS

THE MCMINN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL CHEROKEES WILL WIN

THEY WILL WIN BY 14

THEY DO NOT LOSE TO BIRDS , JUST ASK THE JETS

THEY WILL WIN BEHIND THE TACKLING OF TRANSFER MLB MATT MOODY

IM DONE

825313568[/snapback]

sounds about right, but dont forget the running game

Wow!  What a great team you have had....since when one player goes down there is absolutely no chance of winning after that!  Is that why Ooltewah is going to beat McMinn next week?  Since your star LB is out?

825313343[/snapback]

Well, If i am not mistakin, that team with our Star Robbie Brooks, beat a very good Oak Ridge team, At Oak Ridge. Robbie was BY FAR our best player on that team.

Guys, Ooltewah and McMinn both. We are putting on a Trash Talkin Clinic. Should we invite the other posters so they can pick up some tips?

825313575[/snapback]

Seriously TribeGuy! This thread should go down in the record books as one of the greatest threads of all time!

Go Owls!

I've got to give this a break! Too much for one night! We've still got a week and a half! Haha! ;)

Seriously TribeGuy!  This thread should go down in the record books as one of the greatest threads of all time!

Go Owls!

I've got to give this a break!  Too much for one night!  We've still got a week and a half!  Haha!  ;)

825313584[/snapback]

Haha no kiddin. We may disagree on the outcome of the game, but it's still good to see both teams having such pride in their respected programs. This has been one for the record books!

to be honest im not sure whats intimidating about being a cherokee... they were one of the most docile groups of native americans... shoot they didnt even put up a fight when the white man told them to go to Oklahoma... as a matter of fact as noted by the "trail of tears" they just cried like little bit-ches and walked away. and most of their "tomahawks" were used as axes or hatchets to cut down trees to make homes or dig trenches for crops. shoot they were more agriculture based than hunting based. so basically being the cherokee means you are easy to trick and will go away if we offer you 'shiny beads'... id say and owl pecking out your eyes is much more intimidating than a group of people who essentially just bent over and took it(if you catch my drift)...

oh and where in atlanta are you from... my family is from Lilburn(they all basically went to Parkview, maybe youve heard of it) Its where im living now, but im looking at a house in Vinings with a buddy of mine from school....

Here's a little info on the Owl.  Actually, the Owl is one of the fiercest birds of prey in the world!

owl2.jpg

DESCRIPTION

Great horned owls are big and bulky (3-4 pounds), standing 18-25" tall with a wingspan of 36-60" long. Males and females are similar in appearance, except the female is the larger of the two. The plumage of the great horned owl varies regionally, from pale to dark. In general, they have brown body plumage covered with darker brown spots and white throat feathers that contrast with the dark cross-barred underparts. The white feathers stand out like a collar against the darker underside feathers. Some great horned owls may be very pale underneath, but still the white collar stands out.

The great horned owls facial disk may have orangish or grayish feathers, and whiter feathers that form a V between the yellow eyes with black pupils. Their ear tufts are large and set far apart on the head. Just like a dog, great horned owls use these ear tufts to convey body language - when they are irritated the tufts lie flat and when they are inquisitive the ears stand upright.

In summary, four good field marks for the great horned owl are: size, eye color, ear tufts and the white collar.

FOOD AND HUNTING

Great horned owls tend to perch during the daylight hours in a protected rocky alcove or on a tree limb. They mainly hunt at night, but may hunt in daylight hours. From a quiet perch, the owl listens for sounds that betray a creature's presence. They may move about from tree to tree to get a better fix on the source of the sound. Once they pinpoint the sound, the owl silently swoops in, spreads its talons wide and pounces on its prey - known as the "perch and pounce" hunting method. Smaller prey is swallowed whole, but larger prey are torn into pieces.

Great horned owls eat a wide variety of prey, both small and large. Cottontail rabbits seem to be a prominent food, but the owls will take squirrels, shrews, jackrabbits, muskrats, mice, weasels, skunks, pocket gophers, snakes, domestic cats, bats, beetles, scorpions, frogs, grasshoppers, and a wide variety of birds, from small passerines like juncos and sparrows to wild ducks, grouse, pheasants, and even other owls. It seems that the world is one big smorgasbord to a great horned owl.

Several hours after an owl has eaten, its stomach forms a pellet of fur, feathers, exoskeletons, and bones - indigestible parts of its meal. The owl then "upchucks" this pellet. Owls may have a favorite roost or perch spot where they cast out these pellets. Scientists collect the pellets and gently pull them apart in their laboratories to see what the owl has been eating.

BEHAVIOR

Great horned owls roost during the day in protected rocky caves or on tree limbs. Sometimes if you see an owl during the day, stop and watch. If the owl is not bothered, it will slowly closes its eyes and fall asleep. Its talons clutch the tree branch and keep the owl from falling off its perch!

Contrary to popular belief, owls can not turn their heads completely around. They can rotate their heads 270 degrees, thanks to extra vertebra in their necks. Because their eyes are fixed in their sockets - they can't move their eyes up or down or side to side - the owl has to move its whole head to compensate for the fixed eyes.

When owls are awake, they use their hearing and eyesight to alert them of danger or possible prey. Great horned owl eyes, which are almost as large as a humans, allows a great amount of light to pass through the pupil, so the owl can see in dark conditions. If a great horned owl was as big as a human, its eyes would be the size of oranges!

Owls have incredible senses of hearing, a trait that allows them to hunt at night. Their ears are located on the sides of the head, but are off-set, not symmetrical like human ears. The openings of the ears are slightly tilted in different directions - often the right ear is longer and set higher up on the skull. Plus, owls have soft feathers that surround the openings which they can spread to make a funnel for sound to enter the ear. This enables the owl to use triangulation to pinpoint the source of a sound, when the prey can not be seen. By tilting or moving their head until the sound is of equal volume in each ear, the owl can pinpoint the direction and distance of the sound.

Owl feathers are soft, almost like polar fleece to the touch. This helps to deaden the sound of air rushing over the feathers while the bird is in flight. Also the front edge of the first primary or wing feather is toothed like a hand saw. This helps wind pass over the wings and keep the bird's flight noiseless. It wouldn't be easy to catch prey at night if you were crashing around in the dark!

825313534[/snapback]

That, was probably the dumbest post on the whole topic. You should be proud of urself.

Yeah, well when it's all over all of this is in fun.  At least it is for me.  After next Friday I won't think about this again.  I'm personally just proud to be from Southeast TN whether it's McMinn or Hamilton Co!  I hope ya'll do well every other game...especially Oak Ridge!!

825313586[/snapback]

Seriously. I mean to break it down, with the exception of Soddy Daisy, we may be the only teams that have a chance against OR or WB this year. Farragut I've seen and they have a good offense, but a poor defense. Bradley and Heritage will never have a chance. So, its up to us, you guys, and SD to shake things up in the region this year.