Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is who does MacMinn play this week? Do they need downtime from last week to get ready for the OWLS. Surely Cum County didn't pose that much of a threat? Anyways, Grad, You are the real instigator on COACH T. BarnOwl said it right - What has these three backs done to make all of MacMinn countians think they are the real deal?

825313033[/snapback]

We have an off week.

I love it how all the Ooltewah fans talk so much trash on this thread and they still are considered a average football team year in and year out. I mean they win a region title in I beleive '00 or '02 and they instantly think that gives them a sense of tradation and makes them into a football powerhouse.

McMinn has qualified for the playoffs 11 years in a row and has won 2 region titles in that time frame and gotton as far as the quarter-finals on two seperate occasions but we still realize we don't have what everybody wants and that is a State Championship. McMinn has built themselves into a successful program by having the consistency of being a good football team year in and year out. We take pride in our program and believe we can compete with any team on any given Friday night. That is not bragging that is believing in your players and coaching staff, we may not win but you will know that you played againist a team that was prepared and committed to its goal of winning. GO TRIBE!!!

TribeFan, Have you ever played football? How are you going to say that us Ooltewah people are talking trash? Go back and read the post that you MacMinn Countians posted yesterday. What makes you think Ooltewah is an average team when in 01 we made it to the top 4 and in 02 we won the region. Yes, I admit last year was a down year going 3-7 but it wasn't like we got blown out every game. They fault hard until the end. Ooltewah isn't a powerhouse and neither is MacMinn so you need to get your stuff straight and chill with MacMinn and their 3 stud running backs that I've never heard of.

Man, this thread has gotten pretty heated. And here is what I think...I think that every year the Ooltewah/McMinn game is one of the most challenging for both teams. I think either team could win this one, but of course I am going with my Owls. I know last year was a bit of a disappointment to everyone, but I see Ooltewah gettin it done this year. Everyone is talking like Red Bank is a horrible team and that is the only reason our guys beat them, although RB isn't that great, they are decent and definitely not horrible and i think 295 yd. against any team is pretty impressive. Like many Ooltewah fans have already said...Caldwell isn't our only good back. Everyone knows Marcus Williams and knows he is capable of great things. He can get the job done especially when it counts the most. As for your star McBride I don't know much about him but although he MIGHT be as fast as Dewayne I really doubt he is any faster. That kid can fly as we saw last week. Hydas is out with an injury right now and Im not sure but I think he will be back for the McMinn game next week. I expect good things from him after his showing at Farragut last season. The same goes for Lowdermilk! This game will definitely be close and I am pullin for Ooltewah. If McMinn happens to win don't expect a shut out like many of you McMinn fans are. Ooltewah will not be EASILY beaten by anyone, they are a tough team, and if you want to beat them your players better stay on their toes because they are not gonna be able to walk all over Ooltewah like you are saying! Let the better team win! GO OWLS! :D

you're right tribefan.  mcminn has to been to the playoffs 11 times and still has not been as far as ooltewah has.  as a matter of fact i believe the game that propelled ooltewah to the final four was a 56 -14 thumping of your precious red-legs.

825313194[/snapback]

And an embarassing halftime show courtesy of your student section!

You are correct barnowl Ooltewah layed the smack down on McMinn that particular night. But remember we were up 14-0 and driving and out star QB Robbie Brooks went out with a dislocated shoulder and our hopes of winning that game left with his exit. That was a good football team Ooltewah had that year, but I suppose you forgot about the loss we gave you earlier in the year I believe it was 20-19. Ooltewah did advance further than McMinn that particular year but we were both @ home when 2 other teams were playing for a State Championship and that is all that matters.