Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

After one game McMinn has one of the best backfields in the state? O.K., McBride had a good season last year and from what I've heard he was the fastest player at a camp in Nashville over the summer, but the other two backs have one game under their belt. McDermott is a soph and Locke, I think, didn't play last year b/c of an injury.

And not to be biased but hasn't Caldwell only played one game? He didn't play last year did he?

All this trash talk about virtually unproven players. The fact of the matter is that even after the game the title of "best back" won't be known b/c unless they've changed the rules the backfields don't play each other. They go against the other team's D. So if Caldwell gets 200 against McMinn's young defense and McMinn's trio rush for 125 against the Owls "great" LB corp, are we any further along in deciding best back? NO!

SO MAKE IT STOP!!!

Prediction:

McMinn 28

Ooltewah 18

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying that the reason I say any of this is because I've played with and followed all of these guys from McMinn, and I know their capabilities and potential. We've already decided though that this arguement was going to be left on the field, and we weren't saying who wins will determine who has the better backs or anything like that, but their play will tell alot. Whoever's backs make the best plays and have the best stats and look the best, blah blah blah, will say a lot about who's running back corp is the better one. I believe we are intelligent and most of us have a good understanding and lots of knowledge on the game of football. We can make an intelligent judgement on this.

who the heck are these three tailbacks from mcminn? never heard of them. i would say there is probably a reason for that. everybody else has heard of caldwell and williams from ooltewah because they have actually done something!!!! williams is a one-time state player of the week (as a sophomore), and caldwell just rushed for 296 against a program that was the 5-a state champion in 2000. and these other guys have been doing what? beating up on riceville elementary???? <_<

My question is who does MacMinn play this week? Do they need downtime from last week to get ready for the OWLS. Surely Cum County didn't pose that much of a threat? Anyways, Grad, You are the real instigator on COACH T. BarnOwl said it right - What has these three backs done to make all of MacMinn countians think they are the real deal?

My question is who does MacMinn play this week? Do they need downtime from last week to get ready for the OWLS. Surely Cum County didn't pose that much of a threat? Anyways, Grad, You are the real instigator on COACH T. BarnOwl said it right - What has these three backs done to make all of MacMinn countians think they are the real deal?

825313033[/snapback]

Its MCMINN, can we all please spell it right. We aren't illiterate now are we? And the reason we love these back is because we know what McBride and Locke can do and we know the potential T. McD has. They are all quick and explode through the holes. Its gonna be a good game I think. I say McMinn comes out on top, though, probably by 3 or so.

GO TRIBE!!!

What grade are these running backs in for MacMinn County? I've never heard of them before. Did they play last year. If they are so great why hasn't anyone heard of them from last year? Also just to let you know; Ooltewah's offensive line has no seniors on it and the defensive line has 1 senior. The backfield are all young except Marcus Williams. I can't wait to see these young bucks go at it. Should be a great game. Oh and I forgot to tell you that Ooltewah has a great passing game so if McMinn starts keying on Dwayne which they prob will ol' Zach Woods will be throwing the ball all over the place! <_<