WORTH / COFFEE COUNTY SPRING CLASSIC

daddyraider

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WORTH / COFFEE COUNTY SPRING CLASSIC WILL BE HELD APRIL 29 & 30 IN MANCHESTER,TN. INFORMATION WILL BE SENT OUT NEXT WEEK TO HIGH SCHOOL COACHES. TOURNAMENT FORMAT WILL BE POOL PLAY AND DOUBLE ELIMINATION. FOR INFO. CONTACT TERRY FLOYD( COFFEE COUNTY LADY RAIDERS) AT 931-596-3364 OR 931-409-0752 OR EMAIL AT twfloyd@msn.com--------24 teams max.

825312445[/snapback]

How big do you think that the rain delays will be today?? Do you think we will even be able to play??

I only know a few scores but I'll add what I know:

Lincoln Co. 9

Ezell Harding 2

Brentwood 2

Lincoln Co. 0

Baylor 4

Brentwood 0

Baylor 7

Coffee Co. 0

Coffee Co. 0

Knox Central 0

Cumberland Co. 3

Knox Central 2

Cumberland Co. 1

Marshall Co. 1

Marshall Co. 0

Hixson 0

:unsure:

MIKE YOU SHOULD BE COMMENDED FOR ALL YOU DO. THE MAN THAT CAN BE IN 5 PLACES AT ONE TIME. AND DO A GREAT JOB WITH STORIES AND PICTURES.

HERE'S A BIG PAT ON THE BACK AND A THANKS:)

825661709[/snapback]

:unsure: hey your are so right Mike can always be found around some sport event. And the weird thing is ithe kids like him. Ha Ha . Not really Mike thanks for all the coverage.

All I did tonight was watch some great softball teams go at it. It was fun.

Finally got to see Paige Lentz from Marshall County pitch in a 0-0 game with Hixson. Hixson's pitcher also did a great job.

Saw Brentwood's two sophomore pitchers (they still have two freshmen ready for Saturday).

I saw the best hitting team I've seen all year, Baylor, in a 4-0 win over Brentwood, which doesn't do a bad job swinging the bats either.

Saw Knoxville Central's sophomore pitcher (sorry don't know her name) who led them to the state tournament last year as a freshman. The team has a lot of freshmen and sophomores and will be heard from the next couple of years.

Saw Ashley Sisco, Cumberland County's center fielder who has signed with Motlow, and she was just outstanding. Cumberland's sophomore pitcher, Lauren Brown, whose older sister pitched there until graduating last year, has a truly nasty rise ball that gets better as the game goes on. Cumberland County is a lot of fun to watch, so fundamentally sound.

Saw one of my favorites, Chelsea Owens, pitch parts of two games for Lincoln County. She's as talented as anybody there.

Saw the scariest hitter I"ve seen all year, Baylor's Mary Catherine ?????? a pitcher/first baseman who flat out rips the cover off the ball.

Started home about 8:15 but got sidetracked by the Boston Butt sandwiches they were serving up at the high school concession stand. Next thing I knew I was back in the bleachers with a sandwich and a Sun-Drop watching Baylor and Brentwood. Just didn't seem right walking out on two of the best teams in the state, especially since I was eating so well.

And, best of all, spent a lot of time chewing the yarn with Cousy, Elzy, Terry Floyd and several coaches and fans from other teams. It was a grand night.

All I did tonight was watch some great softball teams go at it. It was fun.

Finally got to see Paige Lentz from Marshall County pitch in a 0-0 game with Hixson. Hixson's pitcher also did a great job.

Saw Brentwood's two sophomore pitchers (they still have two freshmen ready for Saturday).

I saw the best hitting team I've seen all year, Baylor, in a 4-0 win over Brentwood, which doesn't do a bad job swinging the bats either.

Saw Knoxville Central's sophomore pitcher (sorry don't know her name) who led them to the state tournament last year as a freshman. The team has a lot of freshmen and sophomores and will be heard from the next couple of years.

Saw Ashley Sisco, Cumberland County's center fielder who has signed with Motlow, and she was just outstanding. Cumberland's sophomore pitcher, Lauren Brown, whose older sister pitched there until graduating last year, has a truly nasty rise ball that gets better as the game goes on. Cumberland County is a lot of fun to watch, so fundamentally sound.

Saw one of my favorites, Chelsea Owens, pitch parts of two games for Lincoln County. She's as talented as anybody there.

Saw the scariest hitter I"ve seen all year, Baylor's Mary Catherine ?????? a pitcher/first baseman who flat out rips the cover off the ball.

Started home about 8:15 but got sidetracked by the Boston Butt sandwiches they were serving up at the high school concession stand. Next thing I knew I was back in the bleachers with a sandwich and a Sun-Drop watching Baylor and Brentwood. Just didn't seem right walking out on two of the best teams in the state, especially since I was eating so well.

And, best of all, spent a lot of time chewing the yarn with Cousy, Elzy, Terry Floyd and several coaches and fans from other teams. It was a grand night.

825661722[/snapback]

Does anybody have a complete list of the scores????????