Kingston Hazers

TigersBball42

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't commented too much about the hazing incident because I honestly don't think I know all the facts. Basically I would like to know if the kids with the bats knew they were hurting the other kids and did it anyway or if they were just having some fun and didn't realize how serious it was. To me, that's the biggest question as fars as the students are concerned.

I would like to say one thing to the people who say that extra running is not much of a punishment. I heard from a reliable source (this guy was there) that one of the kids involved collapsed from the extra running and there was a time that they were really concerned about his well being. Extra laps, extra sprints and running bleachers would be really tough in August in Tennessee. Not trying to condone anything or anyone, but I'm sure the hazers didn't enjoy the extra running in 90 degree heat. They might have enjoyed some out of school suspension more than running. Just something to think about because I think a lot of extra running in August would be one heck of a punishment.

As far as the administration goes, someone needs to research the punishment handed down (in similar incidents) between athletes and non athletes to see if athletes are treated favorably. I know most people believe this is true (myself included) but I don't know if anyone has offered any proof.

Again, I'm not trying to excuse anyone or condemn anyone. Those are some questions that I would like to know the answers to before I have a final opinion.

Edited by goosevol

Mav your analogy is totally off base. The rate for graduation must be 90% or greater in order to not be on probation. Kingston has a grad rate higher than 90%, that by no means is an F being compared to an F minus. Kingston's scores are always some of the best in the state at all of their schools, they are not just a liitle bit better than some of the other failing schools.

Tigers42 you must not go back very far in Rockwood history because there have been a couple of incidents of hazing that were FAR worse than the bats, it was covered up. Notice there aren't many Rwood people on here denying it, and I know they read this thread.

Goose I would much rather be out of school than running, wouldn't you, but the ultimate punishment would have been to sit at least an entire game. I don't think people really care about the suspension.