Shelbyville Soccer

swifty

Has anyone seen the squad coach Neal Gordon has on his hands? The heart of the team rides in the lone senior Callie McConkey, whom is playing with an injured foot. The team consists a set of skilled juniors and sophomores, but the talant of their freshman players will take this team very far this year. As a whole this team is solid. They are 6-0 right now, coming off a huge win thursday against the talanted Columbia. If you get a chance to watch this team play this season, you will be suprised.

The Shelbyville/Columbia game was played hard by both teams. The only score came from a defending kick in front of the goal by a Columbia player that came off her foot wrong and went into their own goal. This doesn't mean that Shelbyville couldn't have scored at that time if that hadn't happened, but they didn't score the goal themselves. It doesn't matter who kicked it in, it counted and Shelbyville won 1-0. Looks like both teams will go far this year. See y'all in the districts. GO CHS LADY LIONS!!! thumb

Coachrt ,

Yes we only beat Columbia 1-0 . And yes I will say we didnt play our best but let me tell you something about Shelbyville Eaglettes , when we play a team that isnt up to our level...we play like them. Im not trying at all to downgrade your team but face the facts .... Columbia hasnt really showed anyone anything this year and we are now 7-0.....we are unstopable and let me remind you a win is a win and I really hope we can play you guys in district so we can beat yall a 2nd time this year and yall can just admitt that we are a WONDERFUL AND OUTSTANDING team.

Thanks alot and GO EAGLETTES!!! :D

Edited by eaglette#1