Campbell Co. suprised me

Football Fan 44

If any one watched the Campbell Co. game they will see the cougars are hungry. I could see it in there pre-game intensity. Campbell Co. is not been saying they will beat anybody or talking trash, just flying under the radar. The Cougars beat Mo. Town East by nine. Score being 9-0, all nine points were defesnive except the extra point kick. The offense however had ample oppurtunities to score, once being on the three yard line and dropping a wideopen pass and then an illegal procedure penalty. The D-Line looked good and LB's also as usual. The CB's who are two new starters, really really impressed me. Wasn't so sure about to newb's, but they allowed only one reception and helped on run support well. If Campbell Co. can get in gear offensively and keep up the defensive stanza they will have a 5 game winning season or MORE.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time i will give credit where it is deserved. And shutting out a decent Morristown East team deserves credit, you don't really see a whole lot of shut out in high school football even when a big team plays a small team. So i am gonna give CC credit here and hopefully they can get up their offence (in every game except Clinton)

JC4life, no reason to get your panties in a twist. CCHS hasn't won a home opener since 1996 and for the first time it wasn't a miracle win. CC actually looked good at most aspects of the game. Jeff Co may win, but even if they do, I still see a possible 5 game season ahead of them. I very seriously believe they can take Clinton, Scott Co, and South Doyle.

I hope the attitude of your respsonses isn't fear that Jeff Co could start out 0-1 in region play with a loss to CCHS?

i hope cambell takes it to jeff! i also think jeff fans are considering this an easy win. but no siree, i was at the east game since we beat cleveland on thursday it gave us a chance to watch them canes, and i thought east would win. but cambell's D is really a good defense. i just dont see jeff blowing them out.

GO COUGARS AND GOOD LUCK!