Mt. Pleasant vs. Columbia Academy

Handles

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone on this board would pick Mt. Pleasant in this game if CA had 11 All-Staters in the line-up. Mt. Pleasant may win and they may win big ... that's football. But, they will not run into a team this season who is more prepared. Athletes may be the difference, but CA will not be outcoached. Coach Mote is probably the most underrated coach in the area ... at any level. But he gets no credit because of the "good ol' boy" coaches in region 6-1A. In his tenure at CA, he has beaten every team in the region at least once, gone to the playoffs twice, and done all that with as few "athletes" as anyone in the region. Even with all that, the other coaches in the region have never recognized him nor any of his players for outstanding seasons because he is at CA. That type of inconsistency has obviously spilled over to this board. CA may not win this Friday, but they will be in the playoffs and the number one reason is not Markease Ingram ... it is Leslie Mote.

Oh that's original, coachemup. Everything CA has done well in football over Coach Mote's tenure is all because he is sooo great. I thought losses were the responsibility of the coaches while the credit for the wins were give to the PLAYERS. But I guess to go with your line of thinking, when the Bulldogs lose big Friday night, it will be all the players' fault. Am I right??

If I remember right, the coaches picked Mt. Pleasant to finish in the top 2 in the region. They also picked CA to finish 9th out of 10 teams (Same as every year). That means that Mt. Pleasant should beat CA "BAD". Think about it a minute. You guys are talking smack about beating a team that the coaches in your region picked to finish ahead of Cornersville only. P.S. - by the way, the only year CA finished in the bottom 2 was motes first year (0-10), the school was 4-56 before he took over. Bet you can't name too many schools in the state that have done that, especially without any all-state, region mvp's, ect.

It looks as though 'amc' may be a voice of reason on this board. The facts do speak for themselves. CA gets no recognition for a great turn around in the past 6 or 7 years. Hey 'bigfanofsports', I really don't think 'coachemup' was taking any credit away from CA's players nor preparing to lay all the blame with them in case of a loss. From what I know of Coach Mote, he would be the last coach to ever do that. And 'bottomline', if you don't have anything worthwhile to say, stay off the board. The true BOTTOMLINE is this: win or lose against MP on Friday, CA will continue a very solid run this fall under Coach Mote (not to mention an improved coaching staff). And, of course, a solid group of kids whose hard work make everything go.

First, I love to hate CA, I loved to hate them back in the 60's and 70's when they were CMA and I will always love to hate them. But,coach Mote is one of the best highschool coaches around and he has done more with less then anyone I know,so give credit where credit is due. That said friday night the Tigers will blow out CA And I will be loving it.