This is why BRADLEY's Football is DOWN

tnwareagle

I will tell you why Bradley isnt the powerhouse they used to be...Its simple....Unlike any other high school in the area Bradley atheletes seem to only want to play 1 sport... Coaches have gotten to the point now days where they want their athelete to play their sport and thats it...I played all three and I will tell you that it was the best thing ive ever done...You only have a chance in life to play multi sports once and thats high school, SOMETIMES in college...I hate the fact that Bradley's atheletes don't want to play football...If all the good athelets would have played last year than Bradley could have made a run in the palyoffs...They had 4-6 wrestlers who could have been unblelievable and 3-4 basketball players who could have made a huge impact on offense...I have a lot of friends now that tell me they regret not playing and its just been a year since we have been out of high school...Later on in life im sure there will be even more people regret not playing...Back when Bradley was good in football and they were the powerhouse in the area and sometimes state there were MULTI Sport atheletes playing...IF you dont believe this than do some research...

tnwareagle, I'm well aware that football is probably the #4 boys' sport at Bradley, behind Basketball, Wrestling, and Baseball.and probably in that order. It was good to see your son play football last season, but that was his senior season. Railhead is a good man and I hope that he can start to get more of the athletes out there. His predasessor (sp.) more or less demanded football or nothing else and most of the kids descided to play something else.

A coach who demands his players to play only one sport really has no loyality to his school. This is something the administration and AD should address. He is having the players of his sport miss out on many HS memories and possibly a college schlorship in another sport, plus he is hurting the other sports from winning more by taking away depth and possibly an impact player. The coach should take the kids opinions in his heart and not his job

Yes football can be pratically a year round sport with lifting weights and conditioning but all other sports can give them the conditioning they need(especially wrestling,track, soccer, and basketball) but they do miss out on a few months of weightlifting. However an extra 30 minutes/ 1 hour sessions of make up lifting can get the players back on track of strength.

through97 that's totally not true. If you new anything about Bradley athletics it was not Price that wanted only one sport athletes it was Kent Smith and Steve Logsdon. Kent about died when Kellen played. And it's a well known fact that Logsdon does not promote participation in other sports. Price had several multi atheltes except the last year. But your right it's tough for any sport with almost year round AAU basket ball. Price had Al Morris, Tyler Westmoreland, Blake Morris, just to name a few. At Coffee he has baseball players and basketball players on the team and there doing great. I think Coach Price feels once football season starts it starts no time for AAU and wrestling practice or baseball workouts which I also beleave is fair. I mean when its your season it's your season. And I'm glad you think Railhead is a good man because he stinks as a head coach.

Yah know you seem like you know a lot, but maybe you dont know that while Price was head coach at Bradley, there were a few atheletes who wanted to try and play and help the team out, BUT these players told him up front that they were playin summer ball( baseball or basketball) and that they may have to miss a practice or so during the summer for a MAJOR tourny where college coaches would be there and the response was if you miss your off the team, PERIOD...I think coaches need to be able to work with players when situations come up like that...

About you talking about coach Smith not liking the idea his players playing, You are right, but that was just at first...After he understood that this was what the players wanted to do, he supported them in every way...Of course he was going to be a little nervous bout the idea of losing key players to a possible injury...I dont know the situation about Logsden and the wrestlers but I do know that if 4-5 wrestlers would have played this past year that the season could have been a different story...

The main thing I was trying to say was, it really ticks me off seeing atheletes not play football...There is so many people who dont play who could be better at football than they are at their so called main sport...How can you call coach Ratledge a bad coach when he really hasnt had the athletes out playing to show what he can do...

My son plays for Coach Price right now, he and his staff are the most positive thing that has happened to our High School program ever. He wants the kids that can play other sports to play. Just this year we have basketball players to come out that have never played before. My son loves football and everything that goes with it, he concidered not playing basketball because he was afraid that it would hurt him in football, Coach Price came to our house and incouraged him to play, not to many coaches would have done that. Price has basketball, baseball and softball players on his team!! YES I SAID SOFTBALL, Our kicker is a female that went 7 for 7 Friday night!! Coach Price and Coach Nunley have put together a staff that this community loves and that the boys believe in and would fight for. The only thing Price wants is when it is football time it's football time not basketball or anything else, and all coaches should feel that way. Year around, he works all the kids out in the weight room, not just football but all sports. Coach Price was Bradley Counties loss and Coffee Co. gain!!!GO RAIDERS,

and Good luck Bradley.