Memphis

Slash2049

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Slash, how's Auburn treating ya? You going to the Bolton-Millington game this Friday? If we didn't have one, I'd be there. Should be a battle of ground attacks. Barnes vs. Haslett. Hope Bolton can slow Barnes better than Munford did - 250+, 5 TDS(+1 more on kickoff return). Though Munford's defense stinks.

Looking at all the talk, I agree, Germantown is still the team to beat in 5A, but they better start clicking in the coming weeks. I do believe White Station can beat them this year. Warner's touch on those timing routes and Jordan running the football is any defenses nightmare. Houston looks to have improved somewhat. And will Bartlett bounce back anytime soon? Looks like losing Reed has put them in a hole that they really need to get out of.

East is down, not anything like what everyone expected. MUS showed all their flaws in the Liberty Bowl Week Zero. The Owls are much improved this year. CBHS is a top team with THE toughest schedule in Memphis. They will lose to Brentwood Academy this week, then I believe they play Germantown the following week. Interesting matchup of the Red Devils lone loss last year. And on a side note, I noticed BA plays Independence High out of North Carolina, the top-5 nationally ranked school that Chris Leak played for. Be a game to travel to Nashvegas for, eh?

Well, I'll get to some of the other teams and games later.

And, yes, Melrose has reloaded with speed and talent (didn't hurt getting the Kirby High kid to transfer back from Oklahoma this year to start at TB). They can be beaten, though, as Briarcrest shot themselves in the foot a few times. Later guys.

Auburn's pretty good... I'd be coming home for the long weekend to see the Bolton game, but our first home game is this weekend (even though it is against Louisiana Monroe) I should be home the next weekend though. I know Warner's got an arm, but who are his receivers this year at White Station? Anyone good?

I really haven't heard anything about Houston yet, so I assume they're down even though they are 2-0. Thanks for the info Saintdog