Soddy Daisy - William Blount

Knoxsoddyboy

I know Soddy Daisy is always a big, strong team and they never really have "down" year, at least that I can recall, but if SPEED is the key to this game then it will be WB. I heard they have 3-4 guys under 4.6 in the backfield and numerous 4.8 guys elsewhere. Can't confirm so this may be the proverbial rumor mill again.

Edited by robbie22

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great region 2 5A matchup. If William Blount(0-1) loses they are in serious trouble, heading into a tough stretch against Alcoa, at Ooltewah, and at Maryville. They CAN NOT afford to lose this one in their home opener. I think that it will be a good game and I'm going to pick them to win since they are at home, but Soddy Daisy is more than capable of beating them.

William Blount- 17

Soddy Daisy- 14

William Blount has to bounce back this week or their season is heading straight down the toilet.

This will be a high scoring game, unlike years past. WB won't be able to stop soddy's balanced offense. Nothing was shown vs. Red Bank, and the defense didn't allow any points. WB will be much better than Red Bank, bu t Soddy wins 31-21. And if 4.8 is fast, then Soddy has plenty of speed! They have three guys that run around 4.6 and quite a few around 4.8. WB has one back. Soddy stops him, they win big.

This will be a high scoring game, unlike years past.  WB won't be able to stop soddy's balanced offense.  Nothing was shown vs. Red Bank, and the defense didn't allow any points.  WB will be much better than Red Bank, bu t Soddy wins 31-21.  And if 4.8 is fast, then Soddy has plenty of speed!  They have three guys that run around 4.6 and quite a few around 4.8.  WB has one back.  Soddy stops him, they win big.

825321994[/snapback]

I'm not sure where you're getting your scouting report, friend. William Blount is a little deeper in the backfield than just one back. But if you want to go on thinking that, that's ok. Just remember the name Walker (he's your one guy you're thinking about probably). Then remember Osborne (he'd be the fastest back around, IF it wasn't for Walker. Then remember Carson (he would have started at RB for Jefferson County if he hadn't transferred this summer to WB). Then don't forget the name Keener (he'd start at RB for 90% of the teams in our region, including Soddy Daisy).

So I'm not guaranteeing a win, but I will guarantee Soddy will have to stop more than just one back.

CSense, I'm not sure who the streaker is, but have you actually seen a true 4.4. Thats moving and there are not a lot of high school RB's running that.

825322631[/snapback]

Yes I have seen 4.4 speed and I was exagerrating a little to make a joke.

The "doodle" comment, however, was no joke.