Chattanooga Central vs. East Ridge

football_guru

Football guru.. It is simple, they sturggle on offense due to execution. I think that Central's very talented, athleticly, yet they seem like they can't all get on the same page. The QB and recievers seem to always be running different routes or throwing the ball where it isn't suppost to be. Just simple little things that could take them from playoff bound to maybe below .500. I think personally that East Ridge will win this game. I was impressed with East Ridge last week. I think they will hold Woods to a minimuim on the ground and their DB's are good enough to cover the deep ball. I think that Central has the talent to win the game, but not everything else it takes to win a football game.

East Ridge- 20

Central- 12

thumb

825321185[/snapback]

I saw them tweeking things with their offense today with an old coach that coached there a year or two ago, and their execution looked much better today than it did. Look for a more focused Central football team on Friday. I think everything is finally starting to come together.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BenHasRisen is smoking crack.  Central actually did blow out Warren Co. even if the score did not show it.  They had two TD's called back on ludicrous penalties and also had 4 turnovers in which they lost every one of them wich halted scoring drives.  Yes Central's offense is struggling right now, i have seen improvement from their game 1 to game 2.  John Cornett is starting to hit his recievers more and start to run more ala Joe Despuax did last year.  Robert Woods is starting to come into his own has one of the better runners in the city but needs to work on his ball security.  Brent Hayes is starting to come out of his shell and start dominating again.  I think ER has some talented players but Central has too much team speed. 

Central 20

East ridge 13

825321248[/snapback]

The game was a blow out except for the fact y'all didn't really blow them out? Is that how you are trying to put it? Warren Co. forcing 4 turnovers is a scary thing for a team that you are claiming was supposed to blow them out. Just admit it, Chattanooga Central is overrated. Yes defense wins championships, but if you don't have the offense to win the games, you won't make it to the championship in the first place. You told me I was smoking crack last week when I told you it was going to be closer than you think, and sure enough it was. Find some new insults buddy. We'll just see who is right when the fourth quarter is up on friday night.

I agree with Ben ..Central's over rated and better pick it up before they dig a hole too deep to come out of in region play..Its a tough region and with the exception of Brainerd all teams are capable of putting in a great game and winning against anyone else in the region..Im tired of the ecuses ,Central needs to come out an win this game decisively..Their O is atrocious

I agree with Ben ..Central's over rated and better pick it up before they dig a hole too deep to come out of in region play..Its a tough region and with the exception of Brainerd all teams are capable of putting in a great game and winning against anyone else in the region..Im tired of the ecuses ,Central needs to come out an win this game decisively..Their O is atrocious

825322142[/snapback]

Why do you guys say overrated? What have they been picked to win? They are just in the mix of the conference, a team that can beat any other team on any given night. No they haven't won by blowouts because of mistakes, but the stats from the first 2 games say a lot about their offense averaging 350 yds per game to giving up 70. Barring mistakes, "careless mistakes", they can beat any given team on any given night. Are they gonna, you have to take it week to week. I think Central is underrated because of their loss to Notre Dame and their youth, but people forget that they also have a lot of experience. And if they don't get beat again before the youth and experience meet halway, other teams may have a hard time beating them.

Cental had much more talent and depth than Warren County but over all they played sort of ... off. They made several mistakes that kept Warren County in the game till near the end. Lot of penalties at key situations really hurt Central. They had the ability to blow away Warren Co. but kept shooting themselves in the foot .....so to speak with penalties and turnovers. Apparently the same kind of problems they had against N.D. the week before. Central has very good speed but I preceive a lack of teamwork at this point. I think the Central coaching staff is very aware of their own problems and I look for them to play much better against E.R. If the Pioneers play with their heads on straight they should pull this one out.

But then again I'm way down in 108th place on the Big Ones!!

I think teamwork is a problem with the pounders. I saw them practice today and after practice a player was in a coaches face and using a lot of profanity. I don't know if he got in any trouble or not, but it seemed to us watching like it was excepted behavior. I don't know about you guys but that was never tolerated when I was in school. Maybe they are having a lot of internal problems. If so, they will not win games that way or go very far. Too bad, they have the talent to do so.

I think teamwork is a problem with the pounders. I saw them practice today and after practice a player was in a coaches face and using a lot of profanity. I don't know if he got in any trouble or not, but it seemed to us watching like it was excepted behavior. I don't know about you guys but that was never tolerated when I was in school. Maybe they are having a lot of internal problems. If so, they will not win games that way or go very far. Too bad, they have the talent to do so.

825323286[/snapback]

I don't know who wrote this, but trust me, Central football is in tact. If you are a real pounder fan, now is the time to stand by your school, yeah we lost one, but it was early in the season while we are still replacing a lot of offense from last year, so we will make mistakes early on. The question is if and when we put it all together, who's gonna want to play us?

I don't know who wrote this, but trust me, Central football is in tact.  If you are a real pounder fan, now is the time to stand by your school, yeah we lost one, but it was early in the season while we are still replacing a lot of offense from last year, so we will make mistakes early on. The question is if and when we put it all together, who's gonna want to play us?

825323325[/snapback]

Everybody with a half decent defense. ;)