MBA vs. Southaven, Miss.

red060

Southaven lost to Warren Central (MS) last Friday:

Warren Central 33, Southaven 7

Southaven gave up 301 yards rushing to one RB, the bulk of it coming on 4 long TD runs. MBA's current running back-by-committee will have to exploit Southaven's rushing defense like Warren Central did. MBA certainly has the size on the O-line to do it.

Southaven did have a RB who rushed for almost 200 yards himself, so MBA's usual stingy rushing defense will have to be up to the test.

MBA routed Southaven by 32 last year in Mississippi, but it's a different year. MBA cannot take this game lightly.

I, like Wes, know very little about Southaven, other than the fact that they went to the 4A state semi finals last year in Mississippi, I beleive. Also, I think they have a decent amount of returning starters. We know they will be athletic, but how well coached they are is another question.

As for the Big Red, I was told that Snyder could be back this week and that Tipton probably wont be back until next week versus BGA. Regardless, I think MBA will get the win, but as RollRedRoll pointed out, they should not take the Chargers lightly. Again, if we turn it over a bunch, it puts us in a position to get beat. Hopefully, the defense, O-line and tailbacks will build on last week's success and lead us to a victory. I assume that McGavock Johnson is ok, so I look for him to continue his success, as well. I'm also ready for MBA to get the ball into Drew Carney's hands a bit more. We shall see...

Roll Red!

THis is a sad week for me- having just come up to Ann Arbor I'll have to listen to my Big Red on the radio. I don't think Southhaven has a top caliber team and being a running oriented team if they get behind they're finished. mba will play well disciplined football. southaven might be bigger but the big red will work harder and tire them out. and thankfully this year the game will be in tennessee so souhaven won't get any help from those MS refs.

BRD, I’m not sure what the status of Snyder is. On the pre-game show last week on the radio, the play-by-play guys said Snyder would not return until Week 4. I guess we’ll all know for sure when we see him on the field.

Also, what do you know about McGavock Johnson? I know he was dinged up in the LaVergne game (why was he in so deep into the game?), but it didn’t sound too serious.

BRD, I’m not sure what the status of Snyder is.  On the pre-game show last week on the radio, the play-by-play guys said Snyder would not return until Week 4.  I guess we’ll all know for sure when we see him on the field. 

Also, what do you know about McGavock Johnson?  I know he was dinged up in the LaVergne game (why was he in so deep into the game?), but it didn’t sound too serious.

825321904[/snapback]

Maybe you're right about Snyder...I don't know. Those announcers are questionable in my opinion(I swear, if I hear the play by play guy go, "hit and dropped!" one more time... :o ). I don't know about Johnson, either. I was hoping someone could tell us. Not sure why he was still in...maybe they were just trying to get him comfortable, getting a lot of reps.

THis is a sad week for me- having just come up to Ann Arbor I'll have to listen to my Big Red on the radio. I don't think Southhaven has a top caliber team and being a running oriented team if they get behind they're finished. mba will play well disciplined football. southaven might be bigger but the big red will work harder and tire them out. and thankfully this year the game will be in tennessee so souhaven won't get any help from those MS refs.

825321894[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I don't think those T$$AA refs are any better.

Congrats on starting at Michigan, Aintskeerd. You're about to have the time of your life. Enjoy the game this weekend. Those Miami Redhawks are not to be taken lightly. :o