Death of a Coach

MLREB

Please consider including Randy Law and his friends and family and players in your prayers. Randy was the life line of a newly formed Midget/Pee Wee/and Grasshopper football club in Blount County last year. The Rockford football Midgets and Pee Wees entered the Blount County youth league last year and the Grass Hoppers entered this year. Without Randy chances are these kids would not had the opportunity to participate in youth football.

Here is an exert of the tragedy last night.

The Rockford Pee Wee and Midget teams both won their games last night against Walland at Everett field. It was the first ever win for either team. Keeping with tradition, the kids dumped water on the coach after the game. A cheering celebration was underway among all the parents & kids when he collapsed at the field. CPR was started immediately and emergency personnel were summoned. It is my understanding that emergency personnel at the hospital think he died of a brain aneurism, unrelated to the water incident but possibly related to all the excitement. Emergency personnel at the field and at the hospital worked on him for nearly an hour but he was not revived.....If it was indeed a brain aneurism, this was a tragedy which could not be avoided since nothing was suspected. He was 47 years old.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there at the game watching Walland play. After the last game I was on the field near the people around the coach. When someone yelled does anyone know CPR. I said yes but others had already started CPR. I stood back to lend assistance if needed. The ones that were doing it were great!! I am so sorry for that team and his family. It takes a special person to volunteer ther time to help coach these litte guys and girls the great game of football!! My prayers go out to all!!

Last night in the Blount County Youth Football League, Rockford (an expansion team last year) won it's first games in midgets (11&12) and pee-wees (9&10) in the history of the program.

The midget coach was celebrating with his team on the field and collapsed. After extensive CPR at the field and later at the hospital he could not be revived. ER staff suspected a brain aneurism.

Pause for a moment and pray for Randy Law's family, friends, and the young players who saw their coach fall.

God bless them all!

Randy was a great man..I'm really sorry to hear about what has happened i wish his family the best..I go to school with his daughter and Randy was probably one of the best people you would of had a chance to meet..He was such a good man with kids and that football team..I helped him acouple of times with practices and those kids just loved him..I hope everyone that knew him will remember him..its a real shock to everyone here at Heritage..Gonna miss you Randy...