mcminn central

redflag1

What has happened to McMinn Central? I think it was back in 1995 or 96 they played for the state championship and now they are 2 and 29 over the past few seasons. Are kids not coming out for the team or what. Central has traditionally had good athletes in the past. Their basketball and baseball teams seem to do well year in and year out. Just curious. Coach Williams seems to be a very good coach. Any inside info would be appreciated.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a mixture of different things. One thing is that we havent had much size up until now. We have had good athletes in the back field, and good athletes on the outsides, and even some good athletes on the line, but we havent been big enough up front to really hold too many ppl back. Another thing is that we have been a very young team. With small graduating numbers. But now we have all those problems fixed. We have a big offensive line, team speed, great athletes in the backfield and on the outsides, and the young kids from the teams the last few years are aged with 12 Seniors and just as many juniors. I cant tell you what happened this past Friday night. All I can figure out is that we just didnt click. But come out this friday at Tellico and help us out. We have the right mix this year to do EXTREMELY well. Come out and support us.

It has been a mixture of different things. One thing is that we havent had much size up until now. We have had good athletes in the back field, and good athletes on the outsides, and even some good athletes on the line, but we havent been big enough up front to really hold too many ppl back. Another thing is that we have been a very young team. With small graduating numbers. But now we have all those problems fixed. We have a big offensive line, team speed, great athletes in the backfield and on the outsides, and the young kids from the teams the last few years are aged with 12 Seniors and just as many juniors. I cant tell you what happened this past Friday night. All I can figure out is that we just didnt click. But come out this friday at Tellico and help us out. We have the right mix this year to do EXTREMELY well. Come out and support us.

825323331[/snapback]

There are only so many years you can be a "young team". I believe 5 years and a 2 and 29 record kinda speaks for itself. I really dont know what the deal is. Losing (and being shut out) by Polk Co. (21-0) is not a very good promise to an on-comming season. I just dont think there is much talent there. Im interested to see the score of the "Cross Creek Battle" My prediction.....

Cherokees- 52

Chargers- 7

There are only so many years you can be a "young team". I believe 5 years and a 2 and 29 record kinda speaks for itself. I really dont know what the deal is. Losing (and being shut out) by Polk Co. (21-0) is not a very good promise to an on-comming season. I just dont think there is much talent there. Im interested to see the score of the "Cross Creek Battle" My prediction.....

Cherokees- 52

Chargers- 7

825323341[/snapback]

Well just a minor thing..........Polk Co. spanked them 28-0......not 21-0. Most of the athletes just come across the creek to McMinn County......can you blame them???

Well just a minor thing..........Polk Co. spanked them 28-0......not 21-0. Most of the athletes just come across the creek to McMinn County......can you blame them???

825323344[/snapback]

McMinn has always dominated McMinn Central in football. I think Central has only won once in the last 10 or 15 years. Of course McMinn has double the kids to choose from. McMinn seems to have decent athletes every year, but not enough to beat the OR's or DB's. The big question I have is if McMinn has more athletes then why does Central own McMinn in basketball. It seems rare for McMinn to beat Central in basketball and I know some of those kids playing basketball at Central have to be labeled in the athlete category. Central also plays with and sometimes beats McMinn in baseball. So is it the athletes or just the lack of big kids on either side of the ball for Central.

McMinn has always dominated McMinn Central in football. I think Central has only won once in the last 10 or 15 years. Of course McMinn has double the kids to choose from. McMinn seems to have decent athletes every year, but not enough to beat the OR's or DB's. The big question I have is if McMinn has more athletes then why does Central own McMinn in basketball. It seems rare for McMinn to beat Central in basketball and I know some of those kids playing basketball at Central have to be labeled in the athlete category. Central also plays with and sometimes beats McMinn in baseball. So is it the athletes or just the lack of big kids on either side of the ball for Central.

825323534[/snapback]

Apparently you know nothing........McMinn County vs. McMinn Central used to be competitive.......well you see what happens now.............

Come on now...........they dont dominate McMinn in basketball.....haha i believe that McMinn beat Central at Central last year

825323547[/snapback]

True but they also beat us at home. Central can't beat us anything usually. In the last decade I bet our combined athletics record vs. them alone is probaby a 30:1 ratio. I mean seriously its f'n Central. BTW, who makes a topic on garbage. No one wants to talk about it, that's why we throw it away.

to quote the peagus................" this topic needs to go sit in the dumpster....b/c it's garbage"

825323582[/snapback]

Just curious, when was the last time McMinn played for a state championship in football? When was the last time McMinn went to the state tournament in anything other than women's basketball and soccer. At least Central has made it to the clinic bowl once. And for basketball, McMinn is terrible and everyone knows it. McMinn doesn't take pride in that sport for some reason. Both of Centrals basketball teams have become regulars in Murfreesboro.

Just curious, when was the last time McMinn played for a state championship in football? When was the last time McMinn went to the state tournament in anything other than women's basketball and soccer.  At least Central has made it to the clinic bowl once. And for basketball, McMinn is terrible and everyone knows it. McMinn doesn't take pride in that sport for some reason. Both of Centrals basketball teams have become regulars in Murfreesboro.

825323637[/snapback]

Just wait..........until any sport......McMinn will surprise Central this year with a basketball victory.......and about anything else they want to play