Smith County 12 - Livingston Academy 7

Antwan

This was a big game for both teams.......smith walked out with it, thats all you will see in the books no reasons or excusses just scores...... i dont' think they were the better team!!! i know they wasn't LA fumbled down inside the five......they fumbled quite a bit they also had some really elementary mistakes stupid mistakes.......wilmore and dyer are both really good players.......i still give it to colson (DID NOT HAVE HIS NIGHT) tho the cats didn't have there night at all...........i would really love to see these two teams later on with all the kinks out (Smith had a tougher 1st week and thats where they were able to get rid of some mistakes)........talk about some football these teams got it!!!!!!!!! 

GO Hogeye..........Smith congrats.

BLUE 54..........they mean no harm just stinkin things up......if you let a pc get to ya then ya got a problem!!!!!

825327549[/snapback]

Okay w/e the best team did win. well 2nd best to Portland!!! choo choo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(size too boy that d-line was not that huge and very undisiplined) Quote from pee300

LA has a young D-Line not much experince Smith did push them around tho and they did jump some 3 or 4 times ouch thats gotta hurt.......the lil guy in the middle was quick...........but Smith's middle man held him in place........the hawgs won it for Smith!!!!!!

Edited by chillin

As I said last night.....both teams played their hearts out....no need for excuses....Those 3rd and shorts are very managable for SC regardless. Both of these teams need to run the table from here on out....(But TC & P-Town might have something to say about that).....and we can see this matchup again around week 13!! Great game from both teams.....SC had more in the tank. Win the rest of 'em LA.......SC's sure gonna give a heck of an effort at it!!

I listen to the post game show on the radio, they seem to think LA ran out of gas in the 3rd Quarter,wasn't conditioned that well.

Was that yalls take on the game?

Sounds like it was a great game though

Good Luck to both teams

825327929[/snapback]

thats what it looked like to me...

I put the crow that we were supposed to eat on the grill....and those LA people lined up so nicely to get their dose...early on in the game...they were kinda mouthy...by the end of the game...hehehehehehe....quiet as little lambs....

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Fan...thanks for all the support...you certainly put us over the concession stand top last night...but don't ya think it's kinda mean making Pooh carry all that by herself???????

Very funny Queenie....but I eat and breath football....POO is just there for social reasons. Thats why I took her to the SUPER BOWL a few years ago instead of Twan. Every game needs a good social!!!!!!!!!!

Fan(GO SC!!! Who is disappointed in clover boy....come on dude....you win or lose the same!!!!)

let me say that i was also proud of our crowd tonight. i thought they supported the team well. stood up and yelled....great atmosphere in the hole tonight. i loved it.  thumb

825326718[/snapback]

So all right how about that our crowd got into a game man that sends chills down my back. From what I heard and have read very physical and hard nosed game. These are the games that make it football fun. When it comes down to the wire. Hey 02 whatever happened to forclosing on the dreaded hole. It looks like it did not happen. Hey good luck to LA the rest of the way, still have to go to the creekbank do not expect to get any calls there. Some fans must have got on here and read my post about getting up and cheering. Like bigreid said How Bout Them Owls BABY!!!

Let's go easy now... I graduated from LA and I am a Wildcat fan through and through... But I will tip my hat off to Smith County they played a great game, as both teams did.. Just LA had a few mistakes when they didn't need it... Plus I also thought that it was just a little funny to see LA only throw the ball 3 times, one of which he spiked.... Cates is a much better QB than that in my opinion. And this is my honest opinion i don't mean to make anyone from LA mad but i think it would've been a different story if Cates would've thrown the ball, instead of LA tryin to run the ball as much. Don't get me wrong, we have some great players.. But Smith County proved tonight that they could stop the run.. We should've went the air more.. I know i'm goin to ruffle some feathers w/ that one.. But oh well.. Just opinion...I have never really seen SC play or ne thing but from what I heard tonight, Wilmore is one tough cookie... he played an awesome game and so did Dyer.. I want to say good game to SC and good luck in the rest of the season.. Maybe we'll see ya on down the road......Now I only listened to the game, wish i could've been there....But it sounded as if both teams played their hearts out... Just LA came up short..

And to my LA WILDCATS: Guys keep your heads up... This is only one... Look forward to Next week.. Hopefully we;ll see em again... You have nothing to be ashamed of or nething.. You boys played w/ all the heart you had.. Just some bad mistakes hurt and hurt bad......

Oh and GREAT JOB to DJ ALLRED and TURTLE!!!!!

Love Ya boys........ And GOOD LUCK!!!!!! GO CATS!!!!!!

825326924[/snapback]

You say you played for LA, well then be glad you didn't go to the game. You would have been very dissappointed. Yeah, they had three turnovers, (same as SC) but in the 4th they had a good chance to win, actually a great chance to win, but they folded and I never thought I would see that. They simply don't have enough heart!! Makes me sick! No heart and out of shape!

Let me be the one of the first to say Michael Wilmore for 3A Mr. Football.  Unofficially he had 198 yards in one of the toughest performances you will ever see. At the most important times he put his head down and fell forward for 4 or 5 yards. Great game by Wilmore.  I can't praise Wilmore without giving the O-line credit. Clemons stepped in for Reeves and played a solid game. Conditioning and discipline won this game. Great job owls.

825326517[/snapback]

Hey now I was going to put that on here about two weeks ago, but I figured I would wait until he did good against a region foe. What do other people think about Wilmore for 3A Mr. Football? I believe it is a legitimite statement.

Hey now I was going to put that on here about two weeks ago, but I figured I would wait until he did good against a region foe. What do other people think about Wilmore for 3A Mr. Football? I believe it is a legitimite statement.

825328132[/snapback]

he's got my vote. great player. glad he is with us... :D .

825328132[/snapback]

Definitely should be considered! We should campaign for that on coacht! olsc7 ask coach gentry who i am?

I think SC's Defense played the leading role in them folding. You make it sound as if LA had the win and was headed up by Buffallo Valley and dropped it off and handed it to Smith Co.. Offensively, LA didn't get a sniff in the second half....Because of SC's "D"....not beating themselves.

Turnovers were even. SC converts 3rd & shorts anyway. Other than the way SC hit them in the 2nd half.....how did LA fold?