Marshall County vs David Lipscomb

mctigersportsfan

What about those mysterious flags?

May I ask what mysterious flags you are referring to?? The blue and white flags at the top of the home seats??? What is so mysterious about them? And if Marshall County is a strange place I suggest you dig yourself a hole and crawl in it, quick before you definitely end up in a strange place.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I have not be able to give my expert thoughts lately but have been really busy. It appears that things may be balanced everywhere except in 5 A and no one will touch Riverdale. This is an always interesting game. Marshall County did get the one fathom win a few years back when there was a clock problem but I do understand that the Mustangs comitted a costly turnover late in the game so stop whinning about the clock and accept the fact you got beat. Now this weeks game should be a thriller the Mustangs seem to be back in the sadle and riding high after beating up on an up and coming strong Houston county team rather badly. I do think if Jet Juice had been around Houston county would have been better. Marshall county is coming off a huge romp over Montgomery Central. I hear they are running the shotgun and can score from any place and any time. The Mustangs have many weapons as well of course there is new UT signee Austin Rogers who can be a scoring machine. Marshall county has the home field advantage...who knows what that will mean this "time". A friend told me that there were a couple of mysterious pass interference calls a couple of years ago as well. I think it will not be as close as people believe. In fact it will be a three touchdown difference for the winner. Either team can and should win this one. I will tell you this Alcoa and Maryville and Tyner are better than both of these teams...Ram train...are you out there....I have not heard from you this year....

May I ask what mysterious flags you are referring to?? The blue and white flags at the top of the home seats??? What is so mysterious about them?

825333460[/snapback]

Oh, I thought everyone knew of the mysterious flags. Apparently our good friend mctigerfan hasnt heard. Well in the game in '02 at your place several phantom pass interference calls were made, including one at the goal line before half time(The Purple Wall rose to the challenge and made up for it).

Then we all remember the "Marshall County Miracle"-The day time stood still. In the 2000 game the last two minutes of the game was more like 5. Every time Lipscomb took the lead in the game the scoreboard "mysteriously" went out. Therefore the clock was kept on the field. How convenient.

Will these mystery elements appear again? Only time will tell.

Edited by highschoolfan

Well about the mircle game as you middle Tn fans call it. If the Mustangs were as good as advertised then a few seconds here and there would not have mattered. My friends friend from over there told me on the phone that the Mustangs fumbled and that was the difference. But that is in the past and you Mustangs need to be worried about this years game. I am sure you think the clock has something to do with all you defeats....

Edited by easttnfootballexpert

listen stop winning about the flags and the scoreboard and the calls we have had problems at yalls field to we will see who wins the game

What problems? Last year if i recall correctly Lipscomb won 42-14. There is no scoreboard nor referee who can make up 28 points for you.

In 2001, Lipscomb won 28-21, therefore maybe a flag could have helped...but the clock and scoreboard were functioning the entire game.

Mustangs by a touchdown if all "ticks" right.