Maryville and Heritage

carolina232

Heritage was more physical that game than Maryville was. Heritage had a very good team that year until David McMahan got hurt. When McMahan got hurt Heritage's season went down the drain.McMahan was a great option quarterback.

Maryville had a lot of sophomores playing at that time. Maryville went through some turmoil because of some stupid things a few players did.

Heritage was the favorite in that game in 2000. Maryville was 0-2 and reeling. Heritage started out 2-0. Maryville started out 0-4 and won their next 11 to win a state title. George Quarles sold me when he brought that team back from a 0-4 start.

The game that surprised me was the 1999 game. Heritage was 1-9 in 1998. Maryville was 15-0. Heritage looked awful in 1998. I thought Maryville would kill Heritage that year. Heritage rushed for over 300 yds and beat Maryville 26-21. Maryville was lucky it wasn't worse. Maryville could not run the ball that game. My nephew was the MHS quarterback and took a beating that game. He suffered a concussion that game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, now that you have had rebelron talk all respectful abot your team like he always does, let me give you the real details. Maryville can bring their B game and still beat heritage, dont like rebelron, they arent that good. their linebackers can be as good as they want to but when big jimmy wallace throws a block on them they are gonna fall like a dead redwood. this game wont be close, this game wont really even be a game. sorry heritage, i hate to break it to you but you have no chance. and rubber, im glad you finally decided to like the trash talk, follow the maryville tread and you can read all you want.

Ok first off....parnell had a minor spraign on his ankle and should be back next week.....Kat kimsey :( will be starting in place of him because i am not really sure why.......i personally would have went with tanner caylor but o well.....clement, dave garner, and jesse miles will all be back practicing next week.

Now....ok first off to n e body that has been reading any of heaths or n e other misguided poor poor fools posts.....Heritages defense is TERRIBLE.........not necessarily the players so much as they run a 3-5-3.......not a 3-3-5......a 3-5-3......Ok..now i am no genios......but having 5 ppl five yards off the ball running around trying to make tackles is a terrible way to play the bend and oh crap were breaking defense.....I dunno who came up with this idea that the defense is awesome and there so physical because well....there not.....they usually blitz one linebacker in sequence order usually every other play or so......and it doesnt take a george quarles to figure it out either........If they think that a couple of linebackers can cover our recievers then they have another thing coming....oh and one more thing i need to find out, whats the fastest way to blount memorial??? because thats where most of the the defensive players who go up against jimmy wallace will be heading.....roll rebs easy

Actually our D is good and no we dont line up 5 yards behind the line we line up 3 and the middle lines up 4. We have a spur which is our outside linebaker head up on the WR and there both fast so we wont have to worry to much about that, but playing Maryville there will always be something that we havent seen. I think Heritage has a good chance of making it tough on Maryville but dont see us taking Maryville theres to many weapons. But good luck to Maryville and see yall tomorrow im #3 if anyone is watching the game on tv right now.

Actually our D is good and no we dont line up 5 yards behind the line we line up 3 and the middle lines up 4.  We have a spur which is our outside linebaker head up on the WR and there both fast so we wont have to worry to much about that, but playing Maryville there will always be something that we havent seen.  I think Heritage has a good chance of making it tough on Maryville but dont see us taking Maryville theres to many weapons.  But good luck to Maryville and see yall tomorrow im #3 if anyone is watching the game on tv right now.

825334432[/snapback]

I hope it's a better game than what it looks like on paper. I'll be listening on the radio, as I cannot pass up seeing the FLA St/ Miami game. You guys make it fun and keep it clean. Rebelraider, you'll have to cheer extra loud for me. ;)

I can't believe dmoyers is missing the Rebels game!

I will watch the Rebels before I watch anyone else.

825334966[/snapback]

I know, I know.....please don't think less of me :lol: . Actually, this will make 2 in a row. I need to be whooped! I will definitely be all over the Mo West game though. I shouldn't miss anymore games this year.

You guys will just have to cheer extra hard for me. I'll be there in spirit and on the radio waves. :lol:

You're the man Ron  :lol: !! Although I know it's a poor excuse, I can't miss the Nole's whipping the Canes for the first time in 4+ years.  I'm a Vols fan at heart, but the Noles are a somewhat close second.

825335004[/snapback]

Ron/Rebelraider, you may have noticed...I changed my avatar. There's another guy using wolverine and he's been a memeber since 2000. Thougth it would be a nice gesture if I bowed to his tenure a lil.

My brother was in the 101st in Korea on the DMZ, in Panama, in Honduras, in the first Gulf War and briefly in Somalia. This avatar is a tribute to him and all those who are overseas risking their lives everyday so we can take it for granted. Here's to you gentlemen...and ladies!

HooooaaaAA!! thumb