RebelRaider

mhs

I think the helmet thing is somehow a completely original idea guys. I don't remember any fans wearing a helmet consistently to Maryville games in the last 20 years. That's a tradition you can pass on....pretty neat.

I have no problem with it, but I don't really understand the cowboy hat and overalls thing....I'd think that would be a Heritage thing. I don't mean offense with that. Maybe you could explain to me.....

The only thing we used to bring was lots and lots and lots of Rebel flags. Good to see you all still doing that. It's a real shame that you all are growing up in an era where a few backwards people ran a great tradition off our campus (more or less). There used to be a huge rebel flag mural on the wall in the lunch room.

I'm sure that's gone now...... :huh:

thanks for all the compliments on the helments, coach ellis helped us out with those. yes the mural on the wall in the lunchroom is gone, i was fortunate enough to see the mural on the wall once when i was younger, and it was pretty cool. the rebel flags are awesome, but unfortunately mr. jarnigan made an announcement today that we are not allowed to bring them to heritage, so i will just be wearin the helment and no shirt this game. this one will defintely be lacking inspirit without the flags

thanks for all the compliments on the helments, coach ellis helped us out with those.  yes the mural on the wall in the lunchroom is gone, i was fortunate enough to see the mural on the wall once when i was younger, and it was pretty cool.  the rebel flags are awesome, but unfortunately mr. jarnigan made an announcement today that we are not allowed to bring them to heritage, so i will just be wearin the helment and no shirt this game.  this one will defintely be lacking inspirit without the flags

825331304[/snapback]

Tell Jarnigan he bites for me. That's really really sad. :lol:

haha, ill be sure and do that, if i knew who you were it would be even better

825331606[/snapback]

At the next home game I'll come down and say hi.

They started the no rebel flags crap about 5 or 6 years after I had graduated. It started with Principal Messer (the crook) bowing down to that one family that was offended by what the flag "COULD" stand for (even though it doesn't).

Actually, that's not real fair, so I digress. The school board made those decisions. Decisions that are still way wrong today, even though I really respect Coach Dalton. That's the hard part for me. There were people tied up in making that decision that I really like. It stinks.....