Which is better......4A or 5A?

turf_master_s2s

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is scared of no one.Maryville can compete with any team in the state of Tennessee. Maryville may not beat every team but they can hold their own.

825334738[/snapback]

Ron, where have you been buddy?!!! I've been holding the 4A arguement up all by myself. Ron's right girls. Maryville is scared of no one. There are many good reasons why we stay at 4A. Not one of them is because we're scared, believe me.

The biggest resaon is what I've been saying all along. There's better competition in 4A. We see what 5A holds as talent all the time. We play 5A schools often. Bigger is not better guys. Look at Farragut. A huge school. When's the last time they won or even got close to a state championship? Same for William Blount, Heritage, Bearden, Sevier County (which got beat by KARNS!) and the list goes on and one. For every good school in 5A, there's 5 average to below average programs.

dmoyers

I think 4A in East Tennessee and West Tennessee is just as good as 5A is. Where 5A is so much better is in Middle Tennessee. Middle Tennessee is where the best high school football is played period. I have a nephew who played at Centennial High School in Franklin. I saw the teams he had to play against.

I get tired of people saying Maryville is too gutless to play 5A. I know the Maryville administration didn't want Maryville to move up because of travel. I wanted Maryville to move up myself.

dmoyers

I think 4A in East Tennessee and West Tennessee is just as good as 5A is. Where 5A is so much better is in Middle Tennessee. Middle Tennessee is where the best high school football is played period. I have a nephew who played at Centennial High School in Franklin. I saw the teams he had to play against.

I get tired of people saying Maryville is too gutless to play 5A. I know the Maryville administration didn't want Maryville to move up because of travel. I wanted Maryville to move up myself.

825334958[/snapback]

I'd be fine with the move, as I think we fit in well to the competition base. Who's division would we be in? It does seem there are much better 5A teams in the interior of the state. The problem is we'd be right where we are now, I think. Playing the likes of Heritage, WB, Sevier County, Farragut, Bearden, etc. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

Maryville would be more than likely playing Oak Ridge,FarragutWB,Heritage,Ooltawah,Soddy Daisy,McMinn County if they went to 5A.

They also could get put in the region with Dobyns Bennett,Jeff County,Science Hill,Karns,Sevier County,Campbell County and Bearden.

825334984[/snapback]

More competition in the first scenario....too bad we don't get to choose. Tell me, because I've heard conflicting reports. Who won the Oak Ridge scrimmage this pre-season?

Ron, it would be great to meet you after we've had so many good convos. hopefully we can do that at one of the next games.

Oak Ridge beat Maryville in the scrimmage.

I would like to meet you also dmoyers

825335009[/snapback]

Was it bad? It couldn't have been bad...you don't think that was GQ testing the 5A waters, do you?

Cool man, we have to hook that up then. Dad and I usually sit about 3 rows from the top, to the left of the press box (looking up at the box) at Skeeter Field. Right around the 30 yard line almost always. I need to introduce you to Dad too, becasue he is also a huge fan of football in general and Maryville definitely.

It wasn't real bad but OR definately outplayed Maryville. Maryville was without Ryan Tallent and Adrian Baker. But! OR whipped Maryville up front in that scrimmage.

This was the 1st time since 1999 that Oak Ridge beat Maryville in a srimmage. In 1999 Oak Ridge went 12-0 until Sevier County upset them in the playoffs. Sevier County went onto win the state title. That 99 OR team had a lot of speed in the backfield. This years OR team is more physical.

In 2001 and 2002 Maryville drilled Oak Ridge in scrimages. Those were 2 great Maryville teams also.