Cookeville/Lebanon

Sadler57

What do you think will be the outcome?!?!

How is Lebanon football this year?? The past couple of years Cookeville has taken it to them. Can we see the same this year?!?!?

This is a silent rivalry....both teams really wanna come out on top of this game.

Will Cookeville remain undefeated?!?!?!?!

Someone give me some info about Lebanon and if they are worth watching this year.......

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

well they gave anitoch all they wanted so that should tell you as to how good they are. however, lebanon has had problems of being consistent in the past but i this lebanon team could suprise some folks, lebanon by 10

Guest Oakland
Coach Joslin has their number.....less talented athletes for the last 2 yrs= superior coaching for the win.

825330142[/snapback]

i think region is just tryin to find an excuse not to pick lebanon in this game

Guest region4fan

Cookeville has won the last 2 yrs even with all of the speed Lebanon had...#4, #7, etc...........both yrs Lebanon was picked to stomp Cookeville.......and it didn't happen. In fact 2 yrs ago, a lot of Lebanon's kids threatened to quit after the whupping from Cookeville!!! There was a big bruhaha!!

I make no secret out of my dislike for this team and their antics! But I really think Cookeville takes it.....after all they were picked by most folk to lose last week....but they didn't!! Joslin is known everywhere for his Defensive mind....just ask Gwave!

Come on now. Tell us the real reason. Is it because the old coach couldn't win at Leabanon and they got rid of him? Or did Coach Brown ###### you off or somebody else. I think you use to be one of it's biggest supportes, now all you do is bash them. Why the change of heart? Did the old coach run a coach never have any problems, was all his players that good? Superior coaching, who has more state championship rings. I think Brown has 3 or 4 from Trousdale. It doesn't matter what level it was, anyone that knows football knows it's hard to win it all in any division. Besides it's time for Lebanon to get the respect they deserve. I think they got plenty from Oakland the last two years. Who had the most talent then? It goes to show any given Friday, and I think Lebanon is due.

Guest region4fan

I liked the poster and former player , HeGot Game, from Lebanon...great kid with great class.When he was playing I supported HIM, not necessarily your program. I do not like the current coaching staff at Lebanon, and do not feel that they punished the players like they should have over the thefts and vandalism at Blackman and Lavergne.

When my son played at OHS, we all had respect for Lebanon. They almost beat us when we won the state 98 and also when we lost in the Semi's 99. They had class in those days. They didn't grab their crotches at the opposing crowds, and they didn't disrespect others lockerooms and steal.

It is my perogative to support whom I choose, and I choose NOT to support them. I am certainly NOT the only person from this region that dislikes them....ask anyone from Smyrna, Blackman, Lavergne, or Riverdale what they think....................... I think you will find that what I think is MILD compared to what they say.Case closed.

I could care less how many rings that Brown has......he didn't get any of them as a Head Coach. When or if he does, maybe I will listen then. Until then Satterfield has my respect for earning the rings . BUT..... If you are arguing about rings.....check Jerry Joslin's fingers too, because he has multiple ones from his days at Gallatin.....and they are all in the big boys league, not rinky dink 1A. Joslin has made a name for himself at all levels.In fact, he was offered the job at Lebanon...........he didn't want it, and stayed at Cookeville.

Besides if Brown is so great, why did one of your football coaches try to get on at Oakland this summer?? Maybe you should think about WHY he wanted to leave if things are so wonderful there??

Finally, Respect is earned; and in my book, they fall definitely short!

well i am glad this forum has become personal but back to business.

Cookeville has been less blessed with talent the last 3 years an came out 2-1 with the loss being 6-7. so now that cookeville has a good team and can see them beating lebanon at home (big factor). if cookeville doesn't come in too emotionally high fromn the last 2 weeks than they can take it.

Cavs-21

Blue Devils-14

I have been around a lot of coaches and sidelines over the years and the hateful spite filled language I heard from Lebanons coach was way out of line. Notice I did not say someone told me I heard it myself. I am not talking about the usual coach stuff that goes on during games.

My brief exposure to him made me believe Lebanon will never be succesful with him period.

If you want specifics I will give you one One of Lebanon's players went down injured another player walked over to ck on him and the coach said

"Are you a D--- doctor?! If not get your A-- back to the huddle"

A great way to handle a team mates concern isn't it.

I din't hear anything motivational or supportive the whole night only negative spite filled comments.

Thats my opinion from my experience for what its worth and I don't know him from Adam so I don't have any axe to grind.

I agree Lebanon is due --------- they might get that fourth spot this year if the don't lose to Lavergne late in the season.