Thoughts on new regions--1A

silverpie

Here's what I came up with now that all the schools' classes are resolved.

1: Cloudland, Cosby, Hampton, Jellico, Unaka

2: Coalfield, Grace Christian, Greenback, Harriman, Midway, Oakdale, Oneida, Sunbright, (TSD)

3: Copper Basin, Grace Baptist, Lookout Valley, South Pittsburg, Tennessee Temple, Whitwell

4: Clay County, Friendship Christian, Gordonsville, Monterey, Mount Juliet Christian, Red Boiling Springs, Trousdale County, Watertown, White House-Heritage

5: Clarksville Academy, Columbia Academy, Eagleville, Jo Byrns, McEwen, Mount Pleasant, Nashville Christian, Zion Christian

6: Cascade, Collinwood, Cornersville, Forrest, Huntland, Moore County, Wayne County

7: Fayette Academy, Jackson Christian, McKenzie, Manassas, Middleton, Perry County, Trinity Christian

8: Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, Lake County, South Fulton, Union City, West Carroll

There is no good answer for how to deal with Region 6, as Zion Christian pushes it to 11 teams. I elected to take all three Maury County schools over to Region 5 together. Eagleville seems to belong with them as well, possibly also Cascade--those two I'm not real sure about.

In the West, Manassas dropping is a surprise, but I think you have to put them with their nearest opponent, Fayette Academy. Same principle for Union City, who should have Lake County as a league game.

2: Coalfield, Grace Christian, Greenback, Harriman, Midway, Oakdale, Oneida, Sunbright, (TSD)

3: Copper Basin, Grace Baptist, Lookout Valley, South Pittsburg, Tennessee Temple, Whitwell

4: Clay County, Friendship Christian, Gordonsville, Monterey, Mount Juliet Christian, Red Boiling Springs, Trousdale County, Watertown, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=557&SportID=1' target='_blank'>White House-Heritage</a>

5: <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=76&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Clarksville Academy</a>, Columbia Academy, Eagleville, Jo Byrns, McEwen, Mount Pleasant, Nashville Christian, Zion Christian

6: Cascade, Collinwood, Cornersville, Forrest, Huntland, Moore County, Wayne County

7: Fayette Academy, Jackson Christian, McKenzie, Manassas, Middleton, Perry County, Trinity Christian

8: Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, Lake County, South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>, Union City, West Carroll

There is no good answer for how to deal with Region 6, as Zion Christian pushes it to 11 teams. I elected to take all three Maury County schools over to Region 5 together. Eagleville seems to belong with them as well, possibly also Cascade--those two I'm not real sure about.

In the West, Manassas dropping is a surprise, but I think you have to put them with their nearest opponent, Fayette Academy. Same principle for Union City, who should have Lake County as a league game.

825332976[/snapback]

Even up Region 1 and take White House Heritage and place them in Region 5 and this looks good.

Even up Region 1 and take White House Heritage and place them in Region 5  and this looks good.

825333020[/snapback]

Hmm... the problem is, who do you add to Region 1? Looking at the map, it pretty much has to be Grace Christian (which means TSD's nominal assignment goes there too). And historically, TSSAA hasn't worried all that much about the balance of numbers, especially considering how difficult travel in the upper east can be.

WHH is another of those schools that could well go either way.

4: Clay County, Friendship Christian, Gordonsville, Monterey, Mount Juliet Christian, Red Boiling Springs, Trousdale County, Watertown, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=557&SportID=1' target='_blank'>White House-Heritage</a>

5: <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=76&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Clarksville Academy</a>, Columbia Academy, Eagleville, Jo Byrns, McEwen, Mount Pleasant, Nashville Christian, Zion Christian

8: Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, Lake County, South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>, Union City, West Carroll

825332976[/snapback]

Put Perry County into 6 and avoid the Memphis to Linden trip, and I could live with your suggestion.

I don't know if I'm completely sold on these regions but they are interesting. And if the TSSAA is even thinking this far ahead, these regions would be able to handle expansion when Mid. TN Christian (Murfreesboro) and Community (Unionville) begin their varsity programs in the next few years.

5: Clarksville Academy, Columbia Academy, Eagleville, Jo Byrns, McEwen, Mount Pleasant, Nashville Christian, Zion Christian, Middle TN Christian

6: Cascade, Collinwood, Cornersville, Forrest, Huntland, Moore County, Wayne County, Community

two things stand out about all the 8 region arrangements in single a.

too much travel, and too many locked in games.

region 6 teams only got to schedult ONE non-region game this year, and last.

i count 59 teams in 1a, with mtcs & community to bring it up to 61.

3 more teams and you have enough for 16 four team districts.

send 2 teams each to the playoffs and not much changes,

except teams can make schedules that fit their needs.

i am sure we are locked in and cant change,

but it would make sense to pull down the 3 smallest (willing) 2a schools,

and go back to districts.

Here's my take on the the possible new regions.

Regions 1 thru 4 look about right.

Region 5 would be this

Cascade,Cornersville,Eagleville,Forrest,Huntland and Moore Co. with Community and Middle Tennessee Christian waiting in the wings.

Region 6 would be

Clarksville Academy,Collinwood,Columbia Academy,Jo Byrns,McEwen,Mt Pleasant,Nashville Christian,Wayne Co. and Zion.

Region 7 would be

Gleason,Hollow Rock-Bruceton,Jackson Christian,McKenzie,Perry Co,Trinity Christian and West Carroll.

Region 8 would be

Fayette Academy,Greenfield,Halls,Lake Co,Manassas,Middleton,South Fulton and Union City.

I can't wait to see how the TSSAA divides it. Probably be different from anything we come up with.