CPA vs. DCA

spanky2

This is too close to call this early in the season. DCA split with CPA last year. Strictly my opinion, but I believe CPA was the better team, but Wooden had a career day on guts and determination (what a performance), and DCA won the playoff game by a TD when CPA fumbled on the 1 in the 3rd quarter.

If he doesn't get hurt on the last series and their other senior back (and best LB) doesn't get hurt in the semis, I still think they beat Boyd in the championship game.

Boyd fans, you don't need to respond - it is just my opinion.

This year both teams are experienced and good. DCA has more players back, but I believe CPA's top 10 players are better than DCA's top 10 and their new offense is tough to defend.

DCA's improved passing game will be needed to beat CPA. I don't believe anyone (except Riverdale) will run well enough on CPA to score enough on the ground to outscore CPA. The problem with beating CPA will be outscoring them. Most 1A defenses will give up at least 30 to them, except maybe DCA and Boyd.

I believe it is too early to predict this matchup which will be the next to last game.

If I had to predict, I would say it will depend on who can avoid key injuries.

RIGHT NOW.....CPA.

I thought DCA would be farther along as a team after seeing one of their scrimmages where they were very impressive, but they are so very sporadic on offense. CPA has looked very good and is just playing better right now. Although DCA's defense IS better than CPA's from what I have seen. But, for now, I pick CPA.

Oh yeah, and Chris Wooden isn't exactly the Chris Wooden that dominated the CPA playoff game last year. He is very ginger on that leg and just doesn't look the same. But they have an improved passing game and a good defense, which wins games, so who knows?

Travis Sikes was simply amazing in the Riverdale game and has a decent height advantage on DCA's corners.

Bottom line, their game on the 22nd of October will be off the charts. Hope to see everyone there.

• 5 weeks later...