Knoxville AAA basketball 2004-05

clipper

I have to agree with CoachZ. I went to the West vs. South-Doyle game at West last year, i heard it was supposed to be a competitive game and it was. But i don't know which game mcgrew33 was watching. Johnson scored with ease......don't know exact numbers, but i'd say Coach Z is pretty close, he had big numbers against west.

Don't know how good West will be this year. I believed they struggled this summer.

Karns looks to have a good team. They have a lot of great shooters and they're a team that will put up a lot of points. They have a very talented group of guys and i can see them goin pretty far this year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson did not have double digits when we played south doyle at south doyle. But ok if he did my fault but still we are very under rated. yea we struggled in the summer but things are so much different now. And trust me lateef is not all that we have. But for us we like being the underdogs that just gives us more intensity to step up and prove yall wrong. Our stamina and team defense has really stepped up and once we get started moving the ball around things will happen. Everybody has stepped up ecspecially coach petko. Practices are a lot harder and he is a lot more strict this year and i think it will help keep us focused during the season. but who knows maybe we will be competition maybe we won't. But nobody on the team will ever give up.

Here it goes, 1st predictions for 04-05 in Kville.

district 3 AAA

1-Karns-too many weapons and didn't lose much

2-Oak Ridge always talented.  look for R Daniels-Mullholland to follow up a good football season with a strong BB season.  Plenty of help.

3-Powell- lost some good guard play but with L Smith inside and Watts outside they could contend.  Coach Ogan always seems to make them competetive.

4-Halls- Cameron Sharp will come into his own.  Few teams were able to slow him down as a freshman.  Pretty good inside help.

5-6-7-Clinton/Central/Campbell Co.  Clinton will miss there three seniors from last year.  Central is still a year away, could have one or none senior starters.  Campbell has some tallent but is still a year away.

Player of the year...Jody Fersner(Karns) again, not even close.  Runners up...Rick Daniels-Mullholland (Oak Ridge), he's just too strong for anybody in the district and Dandrus Whitt (Clinton), If he knew how to throw a pass he could give Fersner a run.

district 4 AAA

1-Bearden-Even with some graduation and defections, they will be tough.

2-South Doyle-Coach Smith has been there long enough for his system to take.  Logan Johnson should have a big year.

3-William Blount-Good shooting team and good young coach.

4-Farragut-Will be strong inside with Bosse.

5-West-Lots of athletes.  If new coach can harness them they will be very good if not they will be awful.

6-Maryville-Rebuilding year but we don't need to think about that untill football is over.

7-Heritage-Could be wild card.

8-Sevier Co-Last again

Player of the year...Logan Johnson(South Doyle).  Close runners up, Ben Bosse(Farragut) He's tall,  Aaron Eakins(William Blount), Tony White(Bearden).

There it is, what are your thoughts?

825334353[/snapback]

i think the campbell county cougars will suprise you this year. i wouldnt be suprised if they go for second or third in their region. they have a lot of potential

Campbell Co. would be the shocker of the year. I doubt that they can beat Powell and their inside game. I doubt they can beat Fersner, i mean Karns, and i doubt they can beat halls or Oak ridge. NOt to mention Oak ridge beat Science hill without their football guys even playin. They could make a scare but i think thats all they will create.