Wartburg @ Rockwood

MaC RHS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game may not be as easy as you think. Wartburg beat up on Oakdale last night, but still showed they have an offense. If Rockwood comes into this game thinking its a easy one, it may be their downfall. Last year Rockwood went to Wartburg and came out with a great win in a very good game. If Wartburg remembers that game, they may be bitter and could be playing their hearts out. However I don't think Coach Webb will let Rockwood come out with big heads, and Rockwood wins 41-13. Honestly I just think Rockwood is that much better than Wartburg, they continue to get better each week, while Wartburg has been an up and down team.

As much as I love my alma mater and the boys on that team, along with Coaches David and Foster, it will be a very difficult game to win for the Bulldogs. I DO recall, though, that my freshman year (1999-2000 season) the ONLY win our team had was against the Tigers in a second half comeback.

Sad as it is for me to say, Wartburg's playing terrible this year, 2 wins or not.

Rockwood 49, Wartburg 14

Any team can be beaten on any given day. Tigers stay focussed. Play like you know how! How many great teams have had trouble with "easy opponents" simply because they didn't take them serious. Ask Miami after UT beat them. Work hard and play hard. It doesn't matter if we are playing Alcoa, Sweetwater, O.S., Wartburg, Harriman, or the school for geriatrics (old people). Play each game like it's your last because it just might be.