Blackman vs Smyrna

shady04

First of all, even though many people graduated from Blackman's band doesn't mean it's not loud.  They actually fill up a whole entire section on the home side.  They are much bigger than they've ever been.  For some reason (and they may have been told to do so), they've just toned it down this year.  They don't play constantly.  It's kind of disappointing for Blackman fans.  The student section is pathetic, I will say.  I sit in it every single week & it turns out being about 20 Seniors and that's it.  The sad part is that there are about 50 or more students that sit at the other end of the bleachers and don't stand, don't cheer, nothing.  If we could get the cheerleaders to stand in front of the student section & that whole group of students to sit with us, we might be a little louder.  It's hard to be loud if only .5% of your school decides to sit where they should.

825338189[/snapback]

I am one of the 20 seniors that attends. i find it myself kind of sad! i was the fat kid running the flag at the siegel game. i ran to the oter student section and asked them to come to the other side.but they were all Chotches adnd said yeah right. so whatever. bhs school spirit stinks big time! i hate it. yet mrs. vick instists that we get more school spirit, but she wont let us paiont our chests. we are trying... but our admin is stopping us from getting better.

ok, the game... bhs is goin to have to do alot of improving to get this one. with the secondary losing a starter to a broken ankle at brenths, a lineman on an ankle injury, and still having our starting OLB out with his ankle, it will be tough. but i still think blackman has the depth to do it. if blackman comes to play... watch out!! and you know this 1 of 20 kids will be there watching the whole time!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Good for you BlazeT. What is wrong with the kids painting their chests? Why should she be able to tell you that you can't?? I think as long as the girls don't try it too......she should let them.

If you figure out a way to get the rest of the students into the game.....let me know!

I think as long as the girls don't try it too......she should let them.

If you figure out a way to get the rest of the students into the game.....let me know!

825338725[/snapback]

im sure that would raise a lot of eyebrows :o:D

Blackman spirit does stink. We need some help.

And BlazeT, I'll be #2 in that student section.

I believe the words (or close to them) that the administration used a couple of weeks ago were "We don't want to see you and naked and we don't want to see your boxers, so put on your shirts & pull up your pants"...

Makes no sense to me...we need the Blaze boys. But the idea for the Blaze girls, NEGATIVE. I don't think anyone would be willing to do that. Good try though. :D

Its a shame that teachers and administration spend more time trying to ruin kids high school experience than trying to teach them something. If the school system would spend more time teaching and not trying to figure out some dress code to keep kids freedom of expression from them than Tennessee might not have the worst school system in the country.

I would certainly be suprised if Blackman has success running the ball

Smyrna will put in an extra lb and take out a db and put at least 8 maybe 9 sometimes in the box and while I do respect their running game because of Meredith,Mims and Locke there is zero doubt that Smyrna selll out to make them throw.

I also have zero doubt we can score from anywhere on the field be it pass,run kickoff returns or punt returns. Right now Orona looks great and after the best kept secret in yrs Johnson's shoulder is back to 100% so we can run him more.

As for Oakland running the ball for over 600 in the future

Well after the Riverdale game I heard a lot of conversation about wow if Riverdale did this just imagine what Oakland will do to us :huh:

The odd thing is you would think we lost the H,ville game they way folks talk, the flip side to that is we scored 48 on a yearly tough 5a opponent that is always a play off caliber team.

As for school spirit the opposite is going on at Smyrna after 2 yrs of what I would call a lack of spirit it has made a complete tunaround the home crowds are bigger and the louder.

Does Balckmans band do request?

Do they still do 70's music?

Is that the same girl singer yr after yr or do that get new ones?

Do they take paying party gigs?

Have they been on bands reunited on vh1?

Any plans for a behind the music biogaraphy?

(you know the formula)

1. struggle

2.get famous

3.party to much

4.go to rehab

5.lose everything

6.COME BACK on vh1

Did they play Bonnaroo?

Are they the original members or as they get older are they replaced like Menudo members

By the way since I got off on music just wondering what is in you cd player right now?

Mine- Big and Rich

you know region, i dont know if its because i graduated but Blackman's crowd, students and band doesnt seem to be as loud this year as in years past. i know the band lost alot of students to graduation so the fact that they arent as loud isnt their fault. but i usually sit next to the student section and they dont cheer at all, i mean sure they had a few loud pops at the Siegel game but i was dissapointed. if they are like that at the Riverdale game i will have to come out of retirement to lead the student section. watch out!!!

First of all, even though many people graduated from Blackman's band doesn't mean it's not loud. They actually fill up a whole entire section on the home side. They are much bigger than they've ever been. For some reason (and they may have been told to do so), they've just toned it down this year. They don't play constantly. It's kind of disappointing for Blackman fans. The student section is pathetic, I will say. I sit in it every single week & it turns out being about 20 Seniors and that's it. The sad part is that there are about 50 or more students that sit at the other end of the bleachers and don't stand, don't cheer, nothing. If we could get the cheerleaders to stand in front of the student section & that whole group of students to sit with us, we might be a little louder. It's hard to be loud if only .5% of your school decides to sit where they should.

First of all will you please shut up about the band this is a sports website and the lat time i checked being in the band isnt a sport so who cares whos band is louder than whose can we please talk about football if you want to talk band get your own gay pride website because anyone that would rather be in the band than play a sport is a total fruit cake. As for the game no contest Smyrna wins by 2 tds

Guest region4fan

well if I were a band person..............I sure wouldn't cheer for you with that attitude. Believe it or not, some parents come to watch the band and NOT the football team! they leave after the half. Now, I wouldn't do it....but I have seen it many a time!