Knox Halls @ Powell

Red_Devils_HHS

jbrock--the CSS game this week, I think, is Central at Carter. Halls vs Powell probably would have been a better game to show due to the rivalry.

I think that Powell will win this game, but as was said earlier, it may be a little closer than people think. With a rivalry game, both teams notch up the intensity and the underdog, in this case, Halls, will play with even more motivation. I just think that Powell has found a QB in Watts and the Powell D is playing pretty well. Powell may not be loaded with athletes, but they have a lot more than Halls. If it is raining, as is expected, those big 'ol linemen for Powell will be a big advantage. A smaller team has to use quickness to get around them and a mud pit will take that advantage away.

my guess: Powell 24

Halls 10

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.they must have somehow missed that Maryville and MoWest play this week....it doesn't get much bigger than that.

825340880[/snapback]

CSS is a part of Comcast Cable. CSS generally does games that involve teams where Comcast is the cable TV carrier. I don't know about Morristown, but Comcast doesn't serve Maryville. It isn't good business to telecast a school whose home area doesn't get your product.

CSS is a part of Comcast Cable.  CSS generally does games that involve teams where Comcast is the cable TV carrier.  I don't know about Morristown, but Comcast doesn't serve Maryville.  It isn't good business to telecast a school whose home area doesn't get your product.

825340925[/snapback]

Yeah, better to show a sub standard product.....good call.

Dmoyers that is a slam to kids who work hard at football.They may not have the greatest team or a great product.But it is a thrill for these teams to be on TV.If memory serves me right Maryville has been on the local comcast network.CSS does a good job.The Powell-Halls game last year went down to the final play of the game with Halls winning.I think it will be a good game again this year.Good luck to both teams!

Edited by tennstar33

Dmoyers that is a slam to kids who work hard at football.They may not have the greatest team or a great product.But it is a thrill for these teams to be on TV.If memory serves me right Maryville has been on the local comcast network.CSS does a good job.The Powell-Halls game last year went down to the final play of the game with Halls winning.I think it will be a good game again this year.Good luck to both teams!

825341066[/snapback]

Wasn't meant as a slam to the kids, it was a slam to his reasoning. Sorry, that could be misconsrtude. I like Powell a lot. My brother went there years ago and played linebacker beside Billy Staggs.

thanks HTV.  Old age is creeping in.

825341232[/snapback]

No problem, and I feel your pain on the age thing. :lol:

And as for "my reasoning", it's not mine. It's a reality that CSS needs the games shown in the areas of the teams that are being televised. That's just good business.