how good is east ridges defense

SportHawk

how would you rate the defense of east ridge?

at first i bragged on them a whole lot and i still give them a lot of credit because they have been the back bone of the pioneers due to thier horribel offense and horrible play calling. coach james is a good coach but like his daddy(with all due respect) he wont depart from the run up the middle attack even though he doesnt have the front line to block and man handle the opposing defense to open up decent wholes for the running backs. however the line has ok, sufficient pass bloking abilities and east ridges has dangerous recievers but the coach wont let senior qb brandon stewart throw the ball. i say all that to say this, with this lack of offenseive help how yould you rate the pioneers defense particularly the front four. i am not sure what james is doing with such small defensive ends on the field. to sum it all up how good is there defense

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i think they have a chance because east ridge has a tendency to play at the level of there opponent and nobody in regin 4-4a is is really outstanding and easat ridges is one of those teams that if you give them hope they will beat you. i see them maybe winnin region if they step it up and play to there ability and most of all coach james utilizes his passing game

I don't work there anymore but I see no need in attacking a coach by name. Tim James and his staff can coach circles around many other people I know in this business. Don't blame a guy until you've walked in his shoes or know a little about the situation. I know he won 8 ball games a few seasons back doing exactly what he's doing now, and to his credit, he threw the ball a lot last season with a multiple spread look.

personally i think they have a chance because east ridge has a tendency to play at the level of there opponent and nobody in regin 4-4a is is really outstanding and easat ridges is one of those teams that if you give them hope they will beat you. i see them maybe winnin region if they step it up and play to there ability and most of all coach james utilizes his passing game

825338472[/snapback]

Who are you sporthawk? Former players, current player?

I don't work there anymore but I see no need in attacking a coach by name. Tim James and his staff can coach circles around many other people I know in this business. Don't blame a guy until you've walked in his shoes or know a little about the situation. I know he won 8 ball games a few seasons back doing exactly what he's doing now, and to his credit, he threw the ball a lot last season with a multiple spread look.

825338652[/snapback]

James did a good coaching job to beat central in a game they were outgained by almost 200 yards.

825338652[/snapback]

i am by no means attacking a coach i think coach james is one of the better coaches of the area i had the pleasure of playing for him before you got there ela and he has done an outstanding job im just sayin he hasnt utilized his passing game the way he should have THIS SEASON. and was wondering if you think that er defense will be able to hold them up

After watching their first half performance in the notre Dame game,i will agree that the defense is the backbone...brandon stewart has thrown the ball....but he didn't hardly hit one single target in the first half of the ball game..poor decision making and passes falling short of his recievers....Brandon is a very good qb however..he just needs to focus better and not rush his throws...They have just as good a chance at making it to the playoffs as the rest of the teams in 4-4a

i am by no means attacking a coach i think coach james is one of the better coaches of the area i had the pleasure of playing for him before you got there ela and he has done an outstanding job im just sayin he hasnt utilized his passing game the way he should have THIS SEASON. and was wondering if you think that er defense will be able to hold them up

825339492[/snapback]

Okay... you know I'm going to back my former boss! Just watch what you say and how you say it. We can always question calls... heck, we all get used to that in our position... if it's constructive, we can live with that... but the one thing you have to know is only the coach's on staff know what happened in practice that week. How the plays were exectued, who missed practice, and what seemed to work. Sometimes you just have to go with what you've got and if the passes don't land in practice, you're not going to call them in a game!

Keep supporting your pioneers and they'll do fine.