McMinn

cephus23

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe coach Daugherty is experienceing his first bit of adversity as a head coach and will learn from this. I also know for a fact that coach Daugherty is a good man and is interested in a players ability off of the field as much as he is interested in their ability on the football field. There is no surprise from this supporter that this team is struggleing becuase they graduated so many and several of those were off of the O line which is a valuable part of a football team. McMinn has alot of inexperienced players playing especially in the O line and there is no way to make up for experience. Believe me when I say that the Cherokees will get better and we all need to hang in there, it is easy to be critical when your team is loseing so let all of the McMinn fans ralley around this group of young men and support them @ this point when things are not going the way we want them to go. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topkak coach Daugherty was hired by John Mullinax I believe in 1996 as an assistant and has served in that capacity until coach Hutchins took over in 2003. Coach Hutchins promoted Tony to Offensive coordinator when he got the job. I believe coach Daugherty will keep this program moveing in the right direction and will have success. If for some reason things don't work out and the program starts to decline I don't believe the administration can give him alot of time (4-5 years) becuase the other sports depend on the revenue from football. I do not believe this will be an issue and I believe coach Daugherty will continue the winning ways that McMinn has experienced over the last 20 years. GO TRIBE!!!!

That would be 11 years in a row J_Rock44. And this is not the time to be jumping ship on this first year head coach matter of fact this is when this team needs our support the most. It is easy to quit when things are not going your way but it takes a man to hang in there and stand by his team and coach during times like this. Like the old saying goes " A quitter never wins and a winner never quits", if a player quits @ this stage in the season then I would not want them on my team anyway because that tells me what kind of character that particular player has. GO TRIBE!!!!!!

This should not be a topic on Coach T. It is aweful to think that people would post something like this after you have played 3 games. Come on Cherokees we must support our team and coaching staff not bash them on some internet website. GO TRIBE!!!!

825340870[/snapback]

An old fashioned good mark for you TribeFan. More schools need the loyalty that you have towards your team. Even though they many not be doing as well as you'd like you still realize the are more important things than winning and losing. There are issues like character and integrity and stading for what you believe in.

Go Tribe!