REGION 7-3A

Purple & Gold Standard

occhsfan,

the three sophomore players that start now on defense,22,34,42, plus three juniors starters 8,27,24, started the jv game and played the entire first half,the score was 14-0 at half in the second half these players were replaced with other players on the sideline mostly sophomores that started last year as freshman not another score was given up and we won 30-14,this post is not to knock any kid on this team, but i just cannot figure out whyn some of these other boys are not given the oppurtunity to contribute on defense on friday nights

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

occhsfan,

the three sophomore players that start now on defense,22,34,42, plus three juniors starters 8,27,24, started the jv game and played the entire first half,the score was 14-0 at half in the second half these players were replaced with other players on the sideline mostly sophomores that started last year as freshman not another score was given up and we won 30-14,this post is not to knock any kid on this team, but i just cannot figure out whyn some of these other boys are not given the oppurtunity to contribute on defense on friday nights

825341932[/snapback]

I am just wondering....Do you get to see any of the practices??Do you see how the younger kids perform??Or do they even get much of a chance on the scout teams??How many of them made all the summer work-outs??When scout teams are called,do they jump in and try to get in or do they kind of hide behind another player so they can "take it on a knee" for a few more minutes??All of that matters to a coach.They see a whole lot more of these kids and the way they play than we do...Also a coach sometimes seems to have a certain amount of loyalty to a junior,more so to say a soph or freshman,even if that player is not as good as the younger player..To me ,you put the BEST kid,regardless of class in the game that gives the team the chance to win..But I guess my point is,why in the world would you have a starter in a JV game..Those kids,in my opinion,have earned the right to not have to play in those games..Those are suppose to be for the kids not playing on Friday nights and giving them the opportunity to get better in a game situation..We have a JV game scheduled with Dyersburg on Mon. Sept.20 so we'll see how that goes...Another thing,to all those younger kids....Work your butts off in practice,jump in whenever a coach calls for a player and knock the crap out of starter when you are in on the scout team...Not only do the coaches see that,the players on the first team see it and tell the coaches about it..I know its frustrating to sit on the bench and feel you are better than the guy getting all the snaps..But,in reality with a team the size of OC's its a little rare that a soph or freshman starts anyway...This team has low numbers in the jr and sr class or there would be alot more kids that are playing right now on the bench..This team will really be good next year..And I know fans of say the Chicago Cubs or Boston Red Sox get sick of hearing about wait till next year..But this team really is a year away...I have confidence in Coach Bowling..He is a good man and he literally hates to lose..He will get these kids going in the right direction again..He also has a staff that has a passion for winning and they care about the kids...So 0-3 or not we are lucky as parents of these kids to have a coach like Darren at OC..Because as all who have followed this team closely or from a distance know,that's not always been the case..

I am glad I do not let my useless screendoor senior get on this site. He has worked himself until he is physically sick and emotionally drained. He would be even more so if he seen this thread. Boys if you have read this don't let it get to you just keep working hard and play your best. I promise some of us do believe in our team and are with you all the way no matter what the season brings.

I totally agree with you diehard fan,i am almost positive now that i know who you are, and you are totally right if every player on this team had your sons heart we would be undefeated right now, i dont think this post was started to hurt anybody,at least i hope i have not offended anyone, the reason i replied to this was out of frustration over the jv game it was not to harm any player i just beleive the jv game should be for the boys that do not get to play on friday nights, you know just like it would not be right for sophomres to play in a freshman game,

i would just like to see the coachs give some of the other boys a oppurtunity,i hope you can see my point,i know your youngest plays on special teams and does a terrific job i truly beleive he should be given more of an oppurtunity on friday nights

I am glad I do not let my useless screendoor senior get on this site.  He has worked himself until he is physically sick and emotionally drained.  He would be even more so if he seen this thread.  Boys if you have read this don't let it get to you just keep working hard and play your best.  I promise some of us do believe in our team and are with you all the way no matter what the season brings.

825342989[/snapback]

Lighten up......I have said in other posts that there are about two or three kids on defense that even look like they want to play defense at all.....And if you are who I think you are yours is one of them...And personally,I think your younger one should be playing more also..They are both tough as $2.00 steak...My son is also sick of losing,but I don't shield him from seeing this site....But that's your business....Stats don't lie and this defense,for whatever reason isn't doing the job..It is still early in the season but this game is critical to where the Rebs play in the post-season...Memphis isn't a friendly place to be in November..And boys WHEN you read this,because there are alot that do...Keep your chins up use this thread as a motivator and go down to Covington and beat those Chargers because we all know you can do it...And if you are implying since I started this thread that I don't believe in my son and this team,then you are SERIOUSLY mistaken..There are alot of folks,judging from the drop in attendance,have given up all ready....But I drive from Chattanooga every Friday morning after working Thursday night to see those boys play football...My opinion on the defense can't be argued....They are giving up 34pts a game and probably 300 yards rushing..So the analogy of being leaky is pretty accurate...

I just have a problem with useless being used to describe any aspect of our team we knew this was going to be a rough season my son is not sheltered but he is trying to stay focused so during season we prefer that he not get on here i guess if he wanted to we wouldn't stop him. as far as who i am keep guessing????????

REBELS BE STRONG AND BE WILLING TO GO THE EXTRA MILE!!!!!!

I just have a problem with useless being used to describe any aspect of our team we knew this was going to be a rough season  my son is not sheltered but he is trying to stay focused so during season we prefer that he not get on here i guess if he wanted to we wouldn't stop him.  as far as who i am keep guessing????????

REBELS BE STRONG AND BE WILLING TO GO THE EXTRA MILE!!!!!!

825343434[/snapback]

I knew I should have put it this way ... And even changed it from this ... The defense is as USEFUL as a screen door on a submarine...

Covington-33

OC-27

Tonight I saw a team put everything on the line and gave everything they had.Obion Central played with so much heart and desire and just simply ran out of time.Many people,including myself,thought this game wouldn't be close.Everytime Covington scored,OC answered right back.Our offense looked great running the veer and the passing game looked good as well.The defense played with more emotion than they have all year.They gave up some yards,but they had several good defensive stands and only allowed 7 points in the second half.If they play with the same passion agaisnt Union City that they had tonight;their is no doubt in my mind that they will win.