Lewis Co. V. Giles Co.

LCHSgrinch

Last Friday night the Panthers were outhustled,outplyed, and outcoached!Basically they were beaten by a bigger, faster, and more physical Westmoreland 23-8.That being said, the game was alot closer than the score showed.Two times the Panthers were stoppped inside the 10 yard line on 4th down. The key to Lewis County's offense is how they can run the football,they did this exceptionally well against Waverly,and won 14-0. Westmoreland forced them to put the ball in the air, this caused problems, even though they moved the ball it was not consistent. Also the line must've gotten cocky and thought they could get lazy against the eagles without their two best Senior lineman out for the moment. Even though this lewis County team is young, they are very skilled, lineman are also maturing every game. Look for Lewis County team to explode on the running game and suprise a Cocky Giles County team, who during the Richland game were celebrating after every descent play.My prediction is even though #24 has a good game, Lewis County wins 21-14

Edited by LCHSgrinch

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis is way down, Giles Co. is a consistent underachiever. Giles County's defense hasn't been able to tackle well for the last four or five years. Bobby Sharp is a steadfast practitioner of the run game, while Jackie Smith relies on his talented players to hopefully win him a game or two.

Critter's Pick: Lewis Co.-28, Giles Co.-7

I was at the playoff game they lost last year. And lewis county was behind and all they would do is sharp to the left sharp to the right. I am not saying anything bad about daivd sharp. But what i am saying you have got to get your young players ready . And lewis county is paying for it now. they have a freshman that could be playing right now but he don't because he's a freshman. Is name is chuck dodson!! Regardless if they are freshman or seniors if they can play you play them. :o