No rain in the forecast for today

NCS03

Great hindsight, what about we just give all you weather men a call the next time a storm comes and we will let you tell us wether or not to change the games. Come on, the game changes were a good call.

825344894[/snapback]

Let's see, in this part of Middle Tennessee yesterday afternoon, it was

pouring down rain, wind was blowing hard with pretty good gusts in the

neighborhood of 30mph, conditions that lasted past midnight.

And several played football in tough conditions.

Today, three hours before game time, the sun is shining (has been since

late morning), there has been just enough wind to dry things out

and those who have games scheduled for tonight look like geniuses.

Conditions are perfect for a high school football Friday.

Look, hindsight is easy in this case. My point is, at least wait until

game day before making weather related decisions. It's only fair to

all involved..the schools, the coaches, the players, the students and the

fans. Mother Nature is fickle and trying to predict what she's going to do

48-72 hours down the road ain't always easy.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's real easy to say that those schools who played last night made a mistake. However, what if the storm had not sped up? What if the storm had caused power outages and flooding washed out roads? Those who played last night could have played before the devastation. I'm sure those schools who played regret the decision. Nothing they can do now. Mistakes are made by administration all of the time. It will happen again. Good luck to all teams who are playing tonight.

North East Tennessee made the right call. I-40 at the TN/NC line has sunk. State 81 is washed out. Many rivers are 15-20 feet above flood stage. Many communities were trapped in this morning by floods. Still under a flood watch here until midnight. Can't speak for South ET or Middle, but the right decisions were made here.

If we only could predict the weather. . .

When the call is made to change a game, there are a lot of factors that have to be weighed, and a lot of changes to be made-other than just the other coach agreeing. I know that even up to two hours before kickoff the Administration at Brentwood was agonizing over the decision.

Bottom line-you use all the data at your disposal at the time you need to make a decision and then you make it.

EVERY forecast for Middle Tennessee-even up until kickoff Thursday-had 90% chance of rain for today, with wind gusts up to 40 MPH. Well, the weather changed. It's nicer tonight than it was last night. Brentwood Academy is playing MONDAY. What if it rains then?

Not all decisions are good decisions in hindsight. I could've bought Microsoft in '78.

If we only could predict the weather. . .

When the call is made to change a game, there are a lot of factors that have to be weighed, and a lot of changes to be made-other than just the other coach agreeing.  I know that even up to two hours before kickoff the Administration at Brentwood was agonizing over the decision.

Bottom line-you use all the data at your disposal at the time you need to make a decision and then you make it. 

EVERY forecast for Middle Tennessee-even up until kickoff Thursday-had 90% chance of rain for today, with wind gusts up to 40 MPH.  Well, the weather changed.  It's nicer tonight than it was last night. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> is playing MONDAY.  What if it rains then?

Not all decisions are good decisions in hindsight.  I could've bought Microsoft in '78.

825345867[/snapback]

how could u have bought microsoft?? tell me bout this 1