Collierville over White Station

DragonSports2005

How many people think this was expected? Does this now prove that Collierville will be the team to beat? They lost to Gallatin which is a great team, and also Cordova, that knocked off Millington-Central tonight. Or does Whitehaven still have an upper hand and will knock off the Dragons?

BTW Score was 48-47. Andrew White stopped a two point conversion at the end of the game on a sweep by White Station. Hall was hurt, and so JV quarterback Smith substituted.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont think G-town will get it done. I think they will probably come 3rd behind Whitehaven. Collierville should be able to beat Whitehaven if Cville stays out of injury problems. This is two weeks in a row Brian has been slightly hurt. But also Smith has stepped up in both occasions. It will be Collierville, Whitehaven, Germantown, and White Station as the top 4 teams out of Region 8. (Hopefully in that order too..maybe a tossup for 3rd between Gtown and WS)

Oh yes btw, My picks for Region 7 are as follows: 1st=Cordova, 2nd=Bolton, 3rd=Barlett, and 4th will be Overton.

I really dont think G-town will get it done. I think they will probably come 3rd behind Whitehaven. Collierville should be able to beat Whitehaven if Cville stays out of injury problems. This is two weeks in a row Brian has been slightly hurt. But also Smith has stepped up in both occasions. It will be Collierville, Whitehaven, Germantown, and White Station as the top 4 teams out of Region 8. (Hopefully in that order too..maybe a tossup for 3rd between Gtown and WS)

Oh yes btw, My picks for Region 7 are as follows: 1st=Cordova, 2nd=Bolton, 3rd=Barlett, and 4th will be Overton.

825346949[/snapback]

If you're right, Germantown will finish second. One way or another, I will be broadcasting Bartlett's last game of the year from the Germantown press box on November 5. :ph34r:

That said, I'll be shocked if Millington doesn't make the playoffs. They'll be the 3, with Bartlett fourth.

I don't know what to think of Cordova. They've gone from a pass-happy offense to one that barely throws the ball. Either way, with the problems Bartlett has had defending the run, Jocque Crawford scares me for week 10.

I really don't think Cordova will challenge Bolton.

The Wildcats defense is especially tough against the run, (game against Millington) and will be able to score against Cordova on the ground.

They beat Millington and Collierville.. good.. Bolton beat Millington to, with a lot more ease, and after the Houston game next week for Bolton I think we'll be more able to compare the two teams

I really don't think Cordova will challenge Bolton.

The Wildcats defense is especially tough against the run, (game against Millington) and will be able to score against Cordova on the ground. 

They beat Millington and Collierville.. good.. Bolton beat Millington to, with a lot more ease, and after the Houston game next week for Bolton I think we'll be more able to compare the two teams

825347503[/snapback]

i dont kno much about this region, but i do kno that we (MUS) did scrimmage Millington the last before the season started, and completely shut down millingtons run game, aside from one long run by barnes-- and its my understanding thats a very tall order now-a-days-- i think the constant movement of our 3-4 defense caused much confusion on millington's o-line.. granted this was the beginning of the season...

How many people think this was expected? Does this now prove that Collierville will be the team to beat? They lost to Gallatin which is a great team, and also Cordova, that knocked off Millington-Central tonight. Or does Whitehaven still have an upper hand and will knock off the Dragons?

BTW Score was 48-47. Andrew White stopped a two point conversion at the end of the game on a sweep by White Station. Hall was hurt, and so JV quarterback Smith substituted.

825346342[/snapback]

not to take anything away from c'ville at all, but i dont think wshs was quite the city powerhouse this yr, granted they are a very good football team.. but i do think that, in general, the whole city lacks a powerhouse like the caliber of cbhs and melrose last yr.. but congrats on the victory- its still a big W

My hats off to both White Station and Collierville. Collierville responded after the week's prior loss, and White Station continued to answer despite being down early in the game.

This was one of the most exciting - not best - games I have seen in quite some time. As the score indicates, these two teams were very evenly matched. While neither defense did a particularly good job, players made plays. Specifically, Hall (CHS), Smith (CHS), Warner (WSHS), and Jordan (WSHS). Both teams should fair well the rest of the season.

As of right now, this division is wide open, and it's too early to pinpoint standings. A great deal more will be known after the 8th week of the season.

Edited by mmac23