Maryville

OakridgeCats

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cade Thompson is going to UNC.

I think Jeffery Smith,Steven Childs,Andrew Clement,The offensive linemen,Dave Garner will play at small colleges like Tusculum,Austin Peay,Maryville College

Juniors that could somewhere are Gary Tucker,Ryan Tallent,Jon Lawhon,Matt Valentine.

Maryville teams hardly have a big time D1 prospect. They are always full of kids who will play D2-D3 schools.

825347872[/snapback]

Right on the money. Andrew and Cade have the best chance of playing D1. Andrew could go to a mid major like Marshall, La Tech, maybe even Memphis and have a good shot at playing. He might not get recruited though.

I see most of the Maryville players at the DII or III levels, at best. East TN does not produce that many top D1 Studs. Why I'm not sure.

Gee ya think Cade is being looked at, the papers in every article reminds everyone he has verbally committed to NC. Not the same thing as Going For Sure!

I think he will get to NC but getting playing time under Coach Tranquill over there is another. But Cade fits the drop back pass mode and the head guy is a defensive coach primarily as Tranquill has been as well. UNC does throw a great deal under third year Coach B.

Maryville is successful for two main reasons. The coaches get the most out of average athletes and the programs pride in excellence. A great thing to be apart of.

I see most of the Maryville players at the DII or III levels, at best.  East TN does not produce that many top D1 Studs.  Why I'm not sure. 

Gee ya think Cade is being looked at, the papers in every article reminds everyone he has verbally committed to NC.  Not the same thing as Going For Sure!

I think he will get to NC but getting playing time under Coach Tranquill over there is another.  But Cade fits the drop back pass mode and the head guy is a defensive coach primarily as Tranquill has been as well.  UNC does throw a great deal under third year Coach B.

Maryville is successful for two main reasons.  The coaches get the most out of average athletes and the programs pride in excellence.  A great thing to be apart of.

825351145[/snapback]

Well said, though I think as a group you'd have to say their above average.

Agree! Well above average, because of hard work, dedication, support and the belife they are the best on that given day. I think when an effective leader and coaches have a group of committed kids and supportive parents/fans they can win the majority of games and win at a high level. Maryville is a model program no matter what you think about them.

Agree!  Well above average, because of hard work, dedication, support and the belife they are the best on that given day.  I think when an effective leader and coaches have a group of committed kids and supportive parents/fans they can win the majority of games and win at a high level.  Maryville is a model program no matter what you think about them.

825351209[/snapback]

Absolutely! Yes, the blue collar ethic of these mostly white collar kids is something special and very refreshing in this day and age. It wasn't that way when my class went thru Maryville. I'm somewhat jealous, I admit freely.

We had the talent too, no doubt. There was no drive to win though.

Only 5.8% of all high school football players go on to play at an NCAA affiliated institution at any division level.

Any team that has college quality players has great players....

Maryville has a couple dozen players on this team, all classes, who have the ability to play college football at some level...

Give me three or four teams in Knoxville who have more.

You cannot have the success that Maryville has had with just average players.

Everything else mentioned, work ethic, tradition, great coaching, just enhance the program.

Only 5.8% of all high school football players go on to play at an NCAA affiliated institution at any division level.

Any team that has college quality players has great players....

Maryville has a couple dozen players on this team, all classes, who have the ability to play college football at some level...

Give me three or four teams in Knoxville who have more.

You cannot have the success that Maryville has had with just average players.

Everything else mentioned, work ethic, tradition, great coaching, just enhance the program.

825351361[/snapback]

That's right! The rest of the local teams have one or two, maybe 3 or 4 stars. Maryville has qulity talent from top to bottom. Now, 3 or 4 dozen Div. 1 stars? No. But several kids who have a shot, absolutely.