Volunteer Falcons

superfalconfan05

InThe Trenches, How can you blame the short comings of this years team solely on the shoulders of the head coach when he has won more games at this school than anyone in history. If you knew anything about the history of this school then you would know that it has struggled in football since the first brick was layed. And that the coach has only had two losing seasons in the eight years that he has been the head man. So lets give some credit where it is due. Now granted, the program at Volunteer hasn't made a dramatic turnaround yet but with the exception of this season, it is in the right direction. And that has been made possible by this coach. The football program has made more money since he got the job and he has used every bit of it to improve the program. Look at the weight room. You won't find a better facility in the area. He makes sure that the players have every advantage and opportunity to improve themselves. Now the rest is still and always will be up to them. I speak from experience because I played under him and I know what kind of "job" he and the rest of the coaching staff is doing at Volunteer.

Edited by Magnus

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnus,I think you are wrong about turning a program around because the Volunteer coaches have sure turned the program around down there in the past 2 years,only its the wrong way.I guess you have reasoning for this that has nothing to do with coaching and only implies that they have no talent at Volunteer. I think its time (past due) for a big change ,as does most all.Sorry if this hurts your chances at a free ticket and your chance to pretend to be a part of this coaching staff.Volunteer has many very good kids and there is no give-up and no lack in Heart and Determination . This is even more evident as this season continues.They can still win games if DJ doesn,t give it away on the sidelines.

In the Trenches, you are wrong about the weight room equipment. I have been in Souths facility and it is nice but they don't have anything near what Volunteer has as far as equipment goes. I don't see anyone having anthing any nicer. Maybe as nice but not any better. We just need to learn how to use it a little more effective.

This year has been tough with all kinds of things being a factor. The last two years have shown a turnaround and I think the next few years will too. This has just been a really tough year. But I see no quit in anyone on this team (players, coaches, and most fans) which is great. We'll grumble amongst ourselves sometimes but you outsiders cause most of the problems.

GO FALCONS!

InTheTrenches, I would like to know where your coming from when you said our coach is unable or no good. Did you coach or play against us? Or maybe you use to play for us, and quit. It's easy to criticize someone from up in the stands. And etvolfan, why are you putting down our OC. Perhaps you missed our last two games, so here is the last minute run down for both.

Crocket-They complete what I think was the only pass of the night to pull ahead with around 90 secs. left.

Central-We threw an INT. late in the game. And EVERYONE THROWS INTERCEPTIONS, IT'S JUST PART OF THE GAME.

I mean we had, i believe, over 300 yards offense at Central. But hey nobody seems to care about that if we lose. It's just The coaches finding another way to lose, right?

Edited by Falcon Front-Runner