Soddy Daisy vs Hixson

coach1240

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think Soddy or Hixson looked very sharp tonight.  I think the biggest reason is having to play two games in five days.  It was also a little hotter tonight than we have been having also.

825355072[/snapback]

I agree! I thought it would be a run away for Soddy, just like Bradley was. I do think Hixson has some really fast guys (that #2 was really good), but the reason that the score wasn't as high is that SD got sloppy in the second half, plain and simple. The line did a good job stopping their fast RBs too. This was a good lesson to SD as what to do under pressure. GO SODDY!!!!!

The game very well could have went the other way. Hixson did a horrible job defending the pass though, and I was not aware that one of Rickett's catches were out of bounds. You can't blame Hixson's loss on the referees though. Hixson can blame themselves for their lack of discipline. They had a chance to only be behind by one score when two of their players drew 15-yard penalties. Rather than kicking the PAT and being behind by 8, Hixson lined up at their 33-yard line and had to toss a prayer into the air. Hixson would go on to kick and recover the onside kick, but being behind 9 points, it was a two-score game. This virtually eliminated any chance that Hixson had. Soddy moves to 5-0, and Hixson moves to 1-4.

i donot know why everyone is saying maybe they were tired after playing 2 games in 5 days maybe some of you old guys would be tired after playing that many games in one week haha but kids that are teenagers could play a game every night and not get tired haha the teams were definantly not tired so that is not an excuse u can use if a team cannot get rested up in 5 days than that is kinda sad i think...anyways i do not think that soddy was layin low cause of the ooltewah coaches being there anyways that is a stupid excuse also cause these teams exchange game film for a lot of their games... hixson just played soddy tough it is ok every school has these games ooltewah had a tough one against central it is ok to admit that soddy was just over looking hixson a little i still believe soddy is a good team and it will still be an awesome game between soddy and ooltewah so soddy people stop making excuses

Soddy Daisy played an awful game against Hixson. They were not focused at all, with no real reason to be, since Hixson is not very good. SD played like they didn't like they didn't care and it showed. The offensive game plan was very basic, which I would speculate had a little to do with Ooltewah having a bye this week. It will be interesting to see how the players respond, because it is their responsibility to be ready to play. They play Heritage for homecoming this week and McMinn the next, so SD may be sloppy the next couple of weeks. It would be nice to see the team play to their ability instead of sleepwalking through the game.

How about all the trash talkin end right now b/c that just makes it harder on the players. I play for SDHS and i dont like people talking crap about the teams we're about to play b/c that just makes them feel like we're saying it. And i respect all the teams we play. Stop being a bunch of red necks and let the players play the game they love. Simonzander you're stupid!! You dont know what you're talking about. Like knoxsoddy said "you're acting like a kid. Grow up."

Soddy didnt have a great game at all but they pulled out the victory because they were the better team and when hixson got themselves back in the game soddys defense steped it up and showed how good they can be when they want to i think soddy needs to work on a few things but they need to forget about this one and prepare for heritage

I agree!  I thought it would be a run away for Soddy, just like Bradley was.  I do think Hixson has some really fast guys (that #2 was really good), but the reason that the score wasn't as high is that SD got sloppy in the second half, plain and simple.  The line did a good job stopping their fast RBs too.  This was a good lesson to SD as what to do under pressure.  GO SODDY!!!!!

825355512[/snapback]

if you thought hixson was fast wait until you see the owls! :wacko: